Thursday, February 16, 2012

Baby Talk!

Good Day Everyone!

Today's post will feature some Baby news and an invitation and a cute card.  I was chatting with my DD today and she just had an ultrasound done and so far everything is going just great.  Size, weight and overall movement looking good.

We were chatting and I broke down and started to cry.  My daughter asked me what was wrong and I told her I felt so amazed and awed by the fact that I could share in the development of this little one.  Back when I was pregnant we didn't do Ultrasounds and usually weren't even sure, until much later, that we were pregnant lol.  We only got to see the baby when it was born.  Our only connection was movement and the swelling of our bellies. 

Today's picture of her ultrasound showed a nose and the head and belly really clearly.  She is scheduled for another one in three weeks and the nurse told her there would be significant changes then.  I look at this sonogram and lose it every time.  I can't believe we are so advanced now in technology that this is possible and that I can see this little being developing.  I am speechless!  (that's why I am typing this)

Anyway enough with the sob stuff.  I can't be crying all afternoon, hubby will be home soon and he will look at me like I am crazy!  hahaha

Here is a picture of the Baby Shower invitation that I have started thinking about.  I have it done in Pool Party but can change the general color for any gender.

This invite is done using the "Inviting" stamp set and the new "Baby Prints" stamp set in the Occasions Mini.

This card was done using  "Hello Doily" , Perfectly Penned, and a discontinued set called On the Grow.  I water colored the jar with Pool Party Ink, and used Calypso Coral and Poppy Parade for the flowers and for the leaves it was old faithful - Old Olive.  I also added some white using the white gel pen.  I used an aqua painter and the 2 1/2" circle punch to cut out the middle circle.  This was one of the cards that I stamped on Tuesday evening with my friends. 

And I have a correction to mention.  When I first posted this card I told you that the flower was Island Indigo.  Well apparently it wasn't.  The flower was done in Marina Mist but the one on this card which I re-did on Tuesday IS done in Island Indigo.  Apparently my mind is not the only thing slipping lately.  My eyesight is also on the fritz.!!!

I am going to leave you with a pic of the little creature I will soon be holding in my arms.  Baby O!


Baby Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment