Sunday, April 1, 2012

Telescoping Card!

Good afternoon, everyone!

This is your friendly neighborhood Blog Hogger here, coming to you with a telescoping card!  What the heck is that, you ask?  Check out the three pictures below and you'll get the idea.

The first picture shows the card closed:


The second picture shows it partially open:


And the last picture shows the card completely open:


How neat is that?  I'm planning on giving my mother this card for Mother's Day, but by using different stamp sets it could easily be adapted for Easter, or birthdays, or Valentine's Day, or . . . you get the idea.  lol

And now here is a picture tutorial to show you how I did it.

1. Cut out and decorate three similar shapes of different sizes.  I used the Labels Framelits Dies, but you could use circles or whatever suits your fancy.


2. Take your medium sized shape and put a small hole close to the bottom of the image, making sure you center it.  



3. Next, turn the image upside down onto the largest piece of cardstock.  Line up the two images carefully and, using the hole on the medium shape as a guide, pierce a corresponding hole through the largest shape.



4. Put a brad into the two holes, thereby connecting the two pieces.  (I used a Pretty in Pink brad so it's kinda hard to see.)



5. Next, put a small hole in the bottom center of the smallest piece of cardstock.  



6. Turn it upside down on top of the medium shape, line up the holes, and pierce the medium shape.  (You do the same thing as you did for the first two pieces.)


7. Put the brad into the hole.  (It's easier to see in this picture because it shows up against the Whisper White cardstock. And, yes, the top layer is upside down in this picture.  Once you pull the top section up it will look normal.)


And that's it!  I used the Beautiful Wings Embosslit and some Basic Pearls to fancy up the top layer of the card.  And then I had fun playing with opening and shutting the card!  lol



In case you're curious, I used Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, and Whisper White cardstock.

I also used;
Smallest Layer: Sincere Salutations & Oval All (I used markers to color part of an image) stamp sets
Middle Layer: Elements of Style stamp set
Largest Layer: Up in the Air Stamp set (leaving space for a handwritten sentiment)

And so the Blog Hogger blogs on two consecutive days!  (You just never know when I'll hog my sister's blog!  lol)

Telescoping hugs, (Picture me opening and closing my arms. lol)
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment