Friday, May 11, 2012

Back on Track!

Good day my lovelies!

Well I'm back on track and using another soon to retire stamp set, "Simply Soft".  This is a really lovely stamp set for two step stamping. 

This will be a short post today because I am trying to get a couple of computer things done before I go on holidays.  I still have some wedding details I have to do for a bride. 

This started out as a simple card but as usual I got crazy.  I used Basic Grey card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 11 and scored at 4 1/4".  The outside layer is 5" x 3 3/4" and there is a small piece on the inside where I stamped the flower image.


I cut out the hole with the 1 3/4" circle punch.  I placed it on the square of Whisper White c/s and traced the hole with pencil.  I then removed the outer layer of c/s and on the small card stock I stamped my image in Stazon Black.  I colored the image with Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, More Mustard and Old Olive markers.

I then lined up the hole with the image and glued the smaller piece to the Basic Grey c/s.  I removed the larger piece of Whisper White c/s and to this I glued a piece of DSP and punched Whisper White.  Added a ribbon to the front to cover up the line between the DSP and card stock.  I tied a small bow and stamped the greeting in Basic Grey classic ink.  I then placed dimensionals to the back and attached it to the card lining up the focal image through the hole.  I then decided to add some doodles to the circle free hand with a Basic Grey Marker.  Not for the faint of heart! 




Here is a close up of the flower, which I decided, after it was all done, to add glitter.  (can't think of that before I glue it on and have the other piece laid over it, noooooo not me!   So can you spot the items that will be retiring?  Hint: the lacy border!  Flowers!  (not much of a hint, more of a direct slap in the puss!)

Well gotta go and get some housework done before the hubby gets home.  Don't know how I am gonna bluff it out when he retires!  May have to actually do some housework during the day to look busier!  hahaha

Mental hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment