Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pin Wheel Tutorial!

Good Day Crafty ones!

This is going to be a hit and run post today.  I am falling behind in my committments and need to put more time there.  You understand I hope. 


Since I posted the pictures of the pin wheels I have had a lot a questions on how I did them.  Well they are really quite simple but most of us are visual learners so I put together a photo tutorial  just for you.!!




Start with a square of DSP or card stock.  Any size works but it has to be a square.  This one is 2" x 2".

Score from corner to corner.  If you enlarge the picture you will see the score lines.


Now take your scissors and cut on the sccore lines almost to the middle.  I usually leave about 3/4 " in the center.  I just eyeball the cuts.  It doesn't seem to make a difference if they are slightly different.


Now place your square on something soft.  I am using the foam that comes in the case for the clear blocks.  Start by folding one corner towards the middle and hold that down with your finger.

Make a quarter turn and fold that corner down to the middle.    Continue until all four corners are folded towards the middle. 


This is what it should look like when you have all four corners wrangled to the middle. lol.

Take your paper piercer and poke a hole in the middle through all four pieces of paper.

Place a brad in the center and open it up on the back to hold it in place.

I used a 3/4" circle punch for the back.  I punched out a circle using the same DSP.

I then added some sticky strip and peeled off the other side and placed my toothpick on the back

Once the toothpick was secure I then placed the circle with the toothpick on the back of the pin wheel covering the back of the brad. 


And there you have it, your cupcake topper or if you make it bigger then a wall decoration.  Love it.

I hope this makes the directions a little clearer for you.!!

Gotta run!  Pinned to the craft room hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for sharing this tutorial.So easy.I am going to make treat bags for my goddaughter and will use these as toppers...TFS
    New Follower.
    http://craftingwithcreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete