Friday, September 28, 2012

Winter Memories!

Good day my Stampin' Friends!

Today was a beautiful day here in Corner Brook and my daughter, grandchild and I took a lovely drive to Lark Harbour.  It's about a 40 min drive from here and once there you can spend some time on a beach looking at the Atlantic Ocean.

The waves were awesome, the day warm and the baby slept while her mom and I soaked up the ocean views.

But before I left today I made a new Christmas Card using the "Winter Memories" stamp set.  This set has some lovely images of times gone by and does certainly bring back memories of ice skating and sledding on winter hills!

I don't know what it is about this time of year but I tend to wax poetic when doing anything related to Christmas. lol.  I know I am a mushy sort!

Okay, on to the card -

 
I embossed the skate image in silver embossing powder and used Pool Party ink and a blender pen to add a little color to the image.  I colored in the ribbon and holly on the skate with Real Red and Old Olive markers. 
 
 I found the red was not bright enough so I got out the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details and re-colored the ribbon.  Sparkly! 
 
I colored the jewels with a red marker and added them to the Holly! Ok that works.  I ran some scrap Whisper White through the Big Shot with Designer Frames and cut out the oval. 
 
I also ran Whisper White card stock through the BS using the new Holiday Frame embossing folder. 

 
I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the embossed image and a Greeting stamped in Real Red.  It is really sparkly.  I love it!
 
Stay tuned for more from this set!!

 
Emily's day at the beach. (As usual she slept through it lol)
 
 
A little windswept but enjoying the baby and the sun!



I took this picture in Ottawa just before I left.  We went to a u-pick and got some lovely Honey Crisp apples.  Ate Apple Cider doughnuts and took a hay ride.  But while there I shot this photo and when I checked it on the camera it looked kinda 3 D ish and guess what, once downloaded to the computer it still looked that way! Amazing!  Sometimes I surprise myself and this was one of those times. 
 
So that's it for today everyone!   Don't forget the "Back to Spool" promotion is almost over so if you want to take advantage just contact me to place an order!
 
Windblown hugs!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment