Thursday, March 21, 2013

More Sale a Bration Samples!

Hi there everyone!

I have a couple more Sale a Bration shares for you today!  Sale A Bration is over March 22nd - tomorrow and will not return for a full year!

I don't know about you but I have had a blast this SAB.  I have been busy with classes and teaching some techniques.

I have another class this Sunday here in Massey Drive and then I am off to Stephenville for another Techniques class.  Life is good!

I managed to carve out some time last night and today so I could have some fun with my SAB freebies! 

Here is the first card and I made a photo tutorial for you in case you want to re-create it!  It looks so simple and it really is but using these tips will keep you on track! 

 
I used Petite Pennant's Builder punch and punched out several triangles from the Sycamore Street DSP.  I measured the triangles and used my scoring board to make some lines across the White Card stock.  Top and Bottom.  This gives me a straight line to work with.  (I hope!)

 
Here's a look at my triangles!

 
I found the center of the card and placed my first triangle on using Tombow glue!
 
 
 
Then I added two more triangles in complimentary paper, leaving a small space between the triangles.  Do you see where I am going with this?



 
I continued on until all my triangles were on.  I even hung the triangles off the sides so that all the white space was taken care of.

 
 
Nothing like a visual image to send the lesson home!
 
 

 
Then I trimmed off the over hang!
 
 
I added a greeting in Pumpkin Pie ink and called this one done.!!!
 
 
Lots of White space on this card but it makes a statement don't you think?
 
Now on to my second tutorial!  Yep I got two done today just for you.  This is a very simple tip but may save you a lot of aggravation!  Have you ever tried to cut a banner edge?  Have you ever fooled it up?  I have, several times!  I can't take credit for this tip but I will say I did a photo tutorial for it lol!
 
 

 
I started with Island Indigo for my card base, a layer of Whisper White measuring 5 1/4" x 4" and another layer of Island Indigo measuring 5" x 3 34".  My banner is from Sycamore Street and measures 1 1/2' x 4 3/4".

 
I ran the Indigo card stock through the Big Shot using the Honeycomb embossing folder from the Spring Mini.  Then I glued all the layers together.


 
Here's the tip - Find the center of your DSP.  Cut a line up through the center of the DSP.  Simple right?

 
This pic is blurry but you will still get the idea!  Now starting at the outside edge of the DSP cut from the corner to the top of the line you cut before.
 
 
 
Do the same thing from the other side and now you have the perfect banner cut!  I love it!
 
 
I attached the strip to the card with Tombow glue!

 
I punched out a label with the Decorative label punch and Cameo Coral card stock.



 
Used a sentiment stamped in Island Indigo ink and cut it out with the Extra Large Label punch.  I attached it to the card and then using Itty Bitty Shapes punch I made a little flower out of Starfruit card stock and added a little rhinestone.  I attached my sentiment with Dimensionals.
 
Lots of reading for you today and I hope you have good luck with both tips. I'm heading to the kitchen to cook supper!  Hot turkey sandwiches with Actifry fries.  And yes this machine is da bomb diggitty for french fries. 
 
Tipsy hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment