Saturday, June 29, 2013

Simple...but Pretty!

Hi there, everyone!

It's the Blog Hogger coming to you from the cool, rainy west coast of Newfoundland. Sigh! I am definitely solar powered and find it hard to make myself move on a rainy day. However, I have given myself a pep talk and am convinced that if I accomplish something . . . anything . . . it will be the start of a better day! Considering the fact that it's 4:16 pm here you can tell I've been talking to myself for a while. lol

So, I thought I'd start by sharing a card I recently made for one of my co-workers.




This card uses Pool Party, Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock. It also features the Honeycomb embossing folder, the Scallop Edge Border punch, the Elegant Butterfly punch and a Basic Pearl.

I wanted to show you this card because it showcases the moment when I finally figured out how to decorate a 5" x 7" card! I know how to make a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" one and have been making that size for years. However, I always choked when I was asked to make a larger one.

I solved the problem by making a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card and then adding a few details so that it would look good on a 5" x 7" card front! (Yes, it's genius disguised as simplicity! lol) In this case, all I did was add the Whisper White scalloped border!

I was so excited that I made a coordinating box for the gift!


Within the next couple of days I'll do a photo tutorial of how to make the box, but guess what? The sun just came out so I'm going to play outdoors again! Yah! Looks like those hours of talking to myself finally paid off, huh? lol

Simply sunny hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment