Friday, August 30, 2013

So Grateful!

Good Day Stampers!

As the summer draws to a close I am a little bit sad because I love the heat and fun of summer but in some ways I will be glad to get back to my schedule. 

I would like to thank the Blog Hogger for the post!  I too will miss our friend but thank goodness for technology.  A way to stay close though miles separate us!  Good Luck with your new job and new life.  Remember Old friends are but a phone call away!

I loved the cards Colleen posted and I hope you did also.  Even though they were cased she chose some lovely ones. 

We are home for a little while and I am trying to get ready for classes and "We're Bringing Baby Back".   (sounds like a song title lol)  Yep the little ankle biter is coming home for a visit.  I am so excited I can hardly wait! 

Back in May I announced a project I dubbed the "Mommy Project" and I am pleased to say I have been keeping up despite the craziness of summer.  Today's post is a card I made to send to her for this week.  I have found that the memories have become somewhat seasonal.  Lately I remember how we used to blueberry pick as a family when my dad was alive. My dad was hard of hearing and  I remember mom and us girls (4) calling for him and trying to keep track because he was a wanderer.  He drifted along with his head down picking away.  I can see him in my mind as clear as a bell. 

So today's card used the single stamp "Magnificent Maple" and I used Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Baked Brown Sugar as my color inspiration.  Have a look -

 
I kept it simple and used Whisper White for my base.  I added some burlap ribbon and I used Snail Tape to hold it to the card.  I also used Chalk Talk and the large oval punch for the sentiment.  I added some extra color to the greeting by punching out another oval in Old Olive and cutting it in half to frame the sentiment.  This will mail nicely!
 
So that's it for me today.  I have a ton of stuff to do before supper tonight.  Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!  Enjoy the last fading days of summer!  I know I will! 
 
Magnificent and Grateful hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment