Tuesday, November 4, 2014

This Works GREAT!!!

Hi, everyone!

It's the Blog Hogger here to share something I just discovered this morning.

I was using one of my Clear-Mount Blocks to "stamp" Soft Sky ink onto Whisper White cardstock. I plan on using this as a background for one of my Festive Flurries stamps. (Yup, it's time to start making Christmas cards!)

Anyway, while I expected - and wanted - a blotchy background, it was coming out too blotchy. I suddenly remembered my Stampin' Pierce Mat (p. 235 in the Annual Catalogue). It's only CAD $5.50 so, as the catalogue suggested, I bought an extra one to use with my background stamps because it gives the larger stamps much more even coverage.

I placed it under the cardstock and just look at the difference it made:



The piece of cardstock on the left was stamped with the 'D' block without the mat and the right one was done with the mat underneath the cardstock! What a difference!!! Guess which method I used for the rest of the pieces of cardstock? lol

Completely covered hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment