Sunday, April 10, 2016

Monday Science Project !

Hey All,

My Husband has recently taken a three month work contract.  He is retired but still likes to keep his hand in.  So I am really appreciating the alone time. lol.  But don't tell him that.  I can spend one hour house cleaning and the rest of the time in my craft room. 

Today's project was one I had been wanting to try for a little while.  It is a simple watercolor project but for some reason I could never get it to turn out just right.  Well, I think this time I got it right.

Have a look and then we can talk about what I did -

 
The base colour is Pool Party!  I cut two bases last week so it was on my desk.  (although the color looks washed out in this pic) The focal image was on Water color Paper.
 
 
I used clear block E and pressed Pool Party over it all.  Then I added Marina Mist in several places.  Just laying the stamp pad directly onto the block.  I then added Bermuda Bay Ink to the outside and several places in the middle.  I had prepared my Water color paper by cutting it to 5" x 3 3/4" .  I then misted the block until the ink started to blend.  This part takes a little practise and very quick hands.
 
I then quickly turned over the block and placed it on the paper.  Try to get it centered ok?  Then I pressed the block down until I saw that the ink was covering the paper completely.  I  let it sit for a minute or two so the ink would sink in to the paper.  I lifted the block up and used a piece of paper towel to blot off the excess color.  I used my Heat tool to dry the paper. 
 
I embossed the flower image from Butterfly Basics in White embossing powder.  I used my Aqua Painter to color in the flower with Bermuda Bay and Mellow Moss ink.  This enhanced the color and made the flower stand out.  I added Tip Top Taupe ribbon to the bottom and a greeting from Wetlands. 
 
I love how this turned out and am going to use this technique for my next class. 
 
So that's it for me today!  Hope you are enjoying the posts!
 
Mad Scientist Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment