Thursday, February 10, 2011

A deceptively simple card!

Good day everyone, as promised here is the photo tutorial of yesterdays card.  This card is very simple looking and not really hard to do but when I looked at the list of supplies I was surprised at how much product I used.  Here is the list of supplies: Melon Mambo Card stock, Very Vanilla Card stock, Pear Pizzazz card stock, big shot Petal border embossing folder and Polka Dot embossing folder, clear embossing powder and heat tool, Color spritzer and Peach Parfait marker, Melon Mambo marker, linen thread, distressing tool, sanding block, Word Window and Fancy Label punches and pearls.  Whew that was a mouthful.  See what I mean about deceptive?
 I ran the Melon Mambo c/s through the Big Shot with the Petal border embossing folder and then ran the Peach Parfait DSP through the BS using the Polka Dot embossing folder.  I then used the sanding block to lightly sand over the top of the polka dots which gave a distressed look.  (Click on the pic's to enlarge)  I also sponged around the outside of the card with Melon Mambo ink,
 Here is a close up of the DSP with half the sanding done.  I like the look!! This piece measures 4 1/4" x 3 1/8th".
 Next I cut the Pear Pizzazz c/s at 4 1/4" x 2 1/2" and the Very Vanilla c/s at 4 1/4" x 2 1/4" and then using the distressing tool ran it around both pieces of c/s to distress. 
 I placed the Peach Parfait marker into the color spritzer and got some splatter going on.
 Next I stamped the Butterfly from the SAB (free) set, Bliss in Versamark ink first and then the Melon Mambo ink.  Stamped on Very Vanilla c/s and poured clear embossing powder over it and then set with the heat tool and cut out.
 Placed a dimension dot on the butterfly and mounted it in the middle of the flourish. I added a pearl in the center of the body of the butterfly.   I wrapped linen thread around the end of the art piece and left enough to tie on my greeting.
 I used the Dog from Wellness Wishes and only wanted to use the first part of the sentiment.  So I colored the first word with Peach Parfait and the rest with Melon Mambo.  Thank goodness for markers, don't know how I would manage with out them!
 Then I punched out the greeting with the Word Window punch and the Fancy label punch in Melon Mambo.  I used the small hole punch to add the greeting to the card and tied it off and trimmed off the excess Linen Thread.
BTW  Debbie loved the card but alas it didn't make her better right away, current info has her still in the hospital so I guess I am heading out tonight to visit her and make her smile.  I am also hosting my MIL's 80th Birthday Open house this Sat Feb 12th.  Have a TON of things to do before Sat. and have surprise visitors coming.  So I have to clean house and cook for the next two days.  If you don't hear from me until Sunday then you will know why. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment