Wednesday, February 2, 2011

French Foliage and Valentine's Day

On Feb. 14th my family will be celebrating a very special anniversary.  My DH had open heart surgery 10 years ago on Valentine's day.  I got my husband back instead of Flowers but I couldn't have asked for a better gift.  This is the card that I made for him.  I tried to get a masculine feel for this card and I think I achieved it.  Also I have been immersed in Black and White with a touch of Red lately as my DD is getting married and these will be her wedding colors.  So since I had them on my desk they kinda worked.  (and being a little lazy I didn't have to move lol)
I used French Foliage as my stamp set and a discontinued greeting.  Here's how I did this card.
I used the full heart punch, the heart to heart punch, Basic Black and Real Red card stock, a white gel pen, Basic Rhinestones, Basic Black ink and sponges.  Dimensions for the card are 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"

 First I took the word stamp from French Foliage and stamped in Basic Black ink on the Real Red Card stock.  Card stock cut at 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"
 Then I went into the card stock from the side and punched about 3/4's in and punched out the heart.
 I then punched out a Whisper White heart using the Heart to Heart punch
 I sponged around the c/s with Basic Black ink and did the small heart with Regal Rose very lightly.
 I adhered the Real Red c/s to the card and added the small heart.  I then measured around the square and made some pencil marks so that my lines would be straight.
 I went around the square with the white gel pen.
 I then used the embossing buddy to take the static off the Basic Black c/s and using the love you much greeting and versamark ink I stamped on the card and poured white embossing powder over it.  Then I used the heat tool to set the embossing powder.  I also added a Basic Rhinestone to the small heart.  ( I know men don't like bling but hey who made this card anyway? )
Well that's it for today.  I hope you like this one.  I know I do.  And now off to the craft room to prepare for my Stamp a Stack tonight.  Another fun evening with friends.  What a great job!!!

Real Red reasons to love ya!  mawwwwh!!





No comments:

Post a Comment