Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fabulous Florets and Daughter's B-day card

Good Day everyone!  Thank you so much for visiting with me I love knowing you are following along with me.  Don't forget to sign up for e-mail updates.  That way you won't miss a post cause when I post you will get it in your e-mail.

 Now I promised yesterday that I would show you my daughter's birthday card and since she got it yesterday I am at liberty to unveil it to you.  This card was done on Stampin' Connection by Carol Lovenstein and I totally cased it.  Now I don't know how many of you have an I-phone but for those of you that do I know that you will recognize it.  There is a game on the phone that is called Angry Bird.  Carrie showed it to me when I was in Ottawa and it is a fun game.  So I thought this card was going to be a hit and IT WAS!!!!  She called me this morning and was laughing and making the sound that the game makes so I thought, hmmmm,  I hit it out of the park!  Yay me and thank you Carol....


Ok I was in the grocery store lineup yesterday and saw this magazine in the stand and thought wow what pretty colors.  Then the inspiration hit me, (or maybe it was the melon rolling of the counter)  it looks like the new stamp set I just purchased from the Summer Mini....  I can make a card out of this no prob!!!  I came home and found the magazine cover on line and totally had fun last night making a card. 
My inspiration!
 Now for the card.  I used the Re-Inker spread technique for this card.  The colors used were Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, More Mustard re-inkers and Old Olive for the greenery in the back ground.  I used Shimmery White paper and White embossing powder.  Did a lot of cutting but it was so totally worth it.  I am in awe of this set for this technique.  I have just ordered some new re-inkers and can't wait to see how it would look with Poppy Parade re-inker.  lol.  Just look at the go-jusness of this card.  I mean really, I made it, but I am impressed with it.  YILM!
 This card deserved two takes lol.  So I put Early Espresso behind it so it would stand out better.  Click on the photo for a closer look. 
If you are interested in learning this technique just contact me and set up a class.  A poppy parade of hugs and kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment