Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Melon Mambo Awning card

Good morning everyone!  It's not too late to send me a Birthday card ladies!  I just received  another couple of cards.  Love it!  There is nothing so fun as getting handmade cards in the mail. I smile every time I see the familiar shape in the mailbox. hahaha.
This one is from Kellie Handrigan one of my new demonstrators living in Labrador.  Kellie joined up during Sale a Bration.  She won't need much help from me I can tell.  There's talent there for sure.  Thanks so much Kellie for the lovely card!  It's also kinda funny that I would be showcasing the Birthday Bakery set and then receive a card the same day lol.


This one is from Marlene Hardy who lives in Stittsville Ontario.  Marlene is also my up line.  She used my new fav set called Fabulous Florets.  Wait until you see tomorrow's card.  I am so pleased with it.  Can't wait to show it to you all.  (I'm just a card tease)

As promised here is your photo tutorial for the card I did yesterday.

 Ok here we go this is the Melon Mambo Awning card.  Product used - Melon Mambo card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2 " scored at 4 1/4".  Insert Whisper white card stock cut at 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" and scrap melon Mambo used for the border.  Tools used - Word Window punch, embossing buddy, gold embossing powder and heat tool, tombow glue and dimensionals.   Ink - Versamark, Stazon Black, various markers, melon mambo, pumpkin pie, old olive, chocolate chip and real red.  Stamp sets - Birthday Bakery and Baroque motifs. 
 I used the Word Window punch and made  5 cut outs using Melon Mambo c/s and 6 white. 
 I used my grid paper and a scrap of Melon Mambo c/s. cut at 4 1/4" length.   I lined up the scrap on the grid paper and used snail to keep it in place.  I then added some glue and started with a white word window cut out.  I lined it up so the first one was straight and then continued on alternating colors. 
 Once the first one is straight then the rest will follow just like little lambs. 
 This it what it will look like when all the cut outs are in place.  You will have a small piece left over but you have to trim that off.
 Turn the scrap and word window cut outs over and use the adhesive remover to take off the snail tape. 
 I used my cutter and the bone folder to line up the score line so I could have a fold that was even.  I then folded all the cut outs on that line.  I then turned it over and scored on the bottom and opposite side so the c/s will fold down and the top line folds up.  Make sense? 
 I used tombow glue to glue the awning to the top of the card. 
 This is what it will look like when it is glued on and lifted.  One nice thing about this card is it will lie flat when you mail it.  As you can see by the photo I have already embossed the flourish in gold.  I used the embossing buddy, versamark ink, gold embossing powder and the heat tool to do the embossing.
 I then stamped my image on the white c/s using black stazon ink and colored in with the markers.  I used a border punch and a scrap of melon mambo c/s to make the border.  I then glued that piece to the finished image.  Then I glued the colored image to the main card just under the awning. 
 I stamped out the sentiment on a scrap of whisper white using black ink.
 I cut out a piece of pumpkin pie card stock and glued it to the sentiment and then I added a couple of dimensionals.  Placed that on the card and them's  the facts folks. 

Tomorrow I will be showing you my DD's Birthday card as she just got it in the mail,   and the new one I designed using Fabulous Florets.  Can't wait to brag show you these cards.  So get some ink on your stamps and have fun today ladies.    Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment