Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It's a Case of Love at 100th sight!

Good Day Inky People!  Yes it's me, another fly by visit and a chance for me to blog my heart out!.  Gosh the time is just zooming and my DD's wedding is just a little over a month away.    By now the weather has improved and we are in the double digits.  that 18 and 22 over the freezing mark!  For those of you who don't know or haven't visited Newfoundland the scenery here is beyond compare but sometimes the weather here leaves you cold - literally!  We have a saying here in Nl - We have 10 months of winter and 2 months of bad Ski-dooing!  (and if you don't know what a skidoo or a snow mobile is, boy are you the lucky one)

I have been pouring over the New Idea Book and Catalog for about three weeks now ( hence the 100th time I have viewed this catty and that's an estimate)  and I have to tell you it's one of the best.  The ideas in it are so beautiful that it seems a shame not to case them (copy and share everything).  So that's what I have been doing while camping.  My DH has a screen tent set up for me with a table and a light, fan, electrical outlet for music and laptop.  While I can't get Internet there at least I can work away to my hearts content while listening to my music.  Sometimes in the evening he is out at the fire and I am still in the tent singing my heart out listening to Adelle who right now is my all time fav singer.  So talented..


Ok enough with the blah blah blah! Here is my next case -




Got this beauty from Page 74 of the IBC.  They used Peace Within which I love but don't own and since I am camping I am limited to 30 sets or so of stamps, (no seriously I only have 10 with me) I used what I had which was Fabulous Florets.  I followed the layout but here's a little twist.  I wanted the flowers to really shine so I (wait for it) stamped them on Glossy Card stock with Cherry Cobbler ink and cut them out and popped them up with dimensionals.  It really makes the color so much richer than stamping on Whisper White c/s.  Can you see the similarities? 

Well I have to go stampers but will return hopefully soon with some more wonderful creations.  Cherry Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment