Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fast & Fabulous . . . I Hope!

Hello everyone!

It's Colleen, the crazy person who has just spent a beautiful, sunny day inside making cards!  In my defense tho', I was joined by a friend of mine so I guess I'm not the only crazy person.  (That's a pretty weak defense, isn't it?  lol)

Mary made a beautiful card . . . as usual!


It has so many elements: Flowers from the Pretties Kit, Pearls, ribbon and the Whisper White strip was put through the Big Shot in the Finial Press Embossing Folder.  The base of the card was done in Baja Breeze and the sentiment is from the Sincere Salutations stamp set.  I think it is absolutely beautiful and so elegant looking!

And now on to my card . . . also a birthday card.  This card was done for my eldest daughter's birthday.  You know, most people when faced with their offspring's birthday would put most of their time and effort into choosing just the right birthday gift.  However, us Stampin' Up addicted people, we put way too much effort into deciding on a design for the card, making the card, fiddling with the elements, re-fiddling with the elements, re-re-fiddling . . . you get the idea!  lol  Anyway, my daughter likes her cards simple so here it is:


First I made my base out of Old Olive cardstock cut at 8 1/2" by 5 1/2", and scored at 4 1/4".  Then I cut a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock at 4 3/4" by 3 3/4".  I used my Color Spritzer Tool and an Early Espresso marker to spray small dots of ink over the Chocolate Chip cardstock, and then tore one of the corners diagonally.  (Remember, always tear towards you.)  I finished by sponging the edges with Early Espresso ink.


I then used some paper with writing on it to layer over the Chocolate Chip cardstock.  I tore two edges of the paper diagonally, and "dirtied" up the paper by using a sponge and Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Early Espresso ink.  (If you start with the lightest color, you can use just one piece of sponge.)  I stamped the leaf image from the God's Beauty stamp set using Old Olive ink and my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.


I stamped three flowers from the Fast and Fabulous stamp set using Staz-On ink, and colored them with Pretty In Pink and So Saffron markers.  I cut them out and used Crystal Effects in the centers of the flowers to give them a raised, shiny look.  (If you do this last step before you assemble your card, be very careful not to touch the centers.  Crystal Effects takes a long time to dry.)


I assembled my card, popping up the flowers on Dimensionals.  I also included my sentiment, taken from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, punched out with the Word Window punch.  (Even though two of the three stamp sets are no longer available, one of the great things about Stampin' Up is that they sell lots of other stamp sets you could use to achieve the same result.)

So, that's it for today.  Fast and fabulous hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment