Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Isn't It a "Sweet Summer"?

Hi, all you inky people!

It's Colleen again.  Kathy has been camping . . . again . . . so hasn't been available for posting on her blog.  I had planned to do a fantabulous posting (have I mentioned I have a self esteem issue?  lol) but the weather has been beautiful so . . . yah, it's not happening!  hahaha

However, I do have a picture of a card I made yesterday!  Another one of my sisters has completed her second Dan test in taekwondo.  That means she has her second level black belt!  (Hmmmm, must remember to treat her nicer!  lol)

Anyway, back to the card . . . I made a congratulations card for her!  Here it is . . .


I used the stamp sets "Sweet Summer" and "Congrats".  Even though both of these sets were Sale-A-Bration sets (which means they are no longer available) you can easily substitute any other flowers/sentiment to give the same effect.

The Daffodil Delight cardstock base was cut at 8 1/2" by 5 1/2", and scored at 4 1/4".  The top layer is Whisper White cut at 5 1/4" by 4".  I used a scrap piece of cardstock punched out using the Scallop Circle punch and Bashful Blue ink to make the "clouds".

I cut a piece of Old Olive cardstock at 5 1/4" by 1 3/4" and used the Scallop Edge punch along one long end to give a "grassy" feel.  Then I sponged Old Olive ink around the edges.

Before I glued it to the Whisper White piece, I stamped the flowers using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig so I could place them exactly where I wanted them to go.  I used Staz-On ink so that I could color the images with markers:  Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, and Old Olive.

After gluing the Old Olive piece to the Whisper White piece, I stamped, colored and cut out two more flowers.  The small yellow one I glued directly to the cardstock.  I popped up the middle pink flower using Dimensionals.  I also used Pearls in the centers.  (Click on the picture above to make it larger so you can see the details easier.)

I stamped the "congratulations" with Versamark ink and embossed it using Black Emboss Powder.  I attached two larger Pearls, stamped some leaves and glued them directly to the Old Olive cardstock and, voila, I was happy with the result!

Although it isn't a black and white "I'm-Going-To-Kick-You-In-The-Kidneys" kinda card, it does reflect my sister's kinder, gentler side that loves brights colors, summer and flowers!  lol

Summery hugs to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment