Friday, September 9, 2011

Not So Seriously!

Good Day Stampers!  I have been a busy lady this week creating samples for my Open House!  I love that I can just do whatever strikes me and not worry about using black and white with a touch of red!   LOL!  So I am warning you that today's card is BRIGHT, in fact you will need your sunglasses!

My friend Debbie had a birthday and I needed a special card for her.  Debbie's motto is "If it ain't bright, it ain't right!"  I find it is harder to make cards for other stampers.  There is more pressure to impress but I put my thinking cap on and this is what I came up with.  Enjoy the photo tutorial -


Not so Seriously!


Here are the ingredients for the card. I decided that Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade fit the "bright" bill so these are the colors I used for this card. I also used Very Vanilla and some Old Olive Taffeta ribbon. Markers were Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Sort Suede, Blush Blossom, Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue and Basic Black.   Accessories were the Big Shot Top Note die, Stazon ink, 2 1/2" circle punch, tombow glue, sponges and the cutter kit on page 208. The stamp set is called "Not so Seriously" and is stinkin' cute!

I cut the Lucky Limeade insert at 5" x 3 3/4" and took a sponge and sponged around the outside of the paper.  After that was done I took the distressing tool on the cutter kit and distressed all four sides.  Then I attached it to the card leaving an even border.

 I cut out a piece of Very Vanilla c/s using the Big Shot and the Top Note die.  (Had to show you that it was Vanilla when I started haha)


 I sponged Calypso Coral over the whole piece until I got the right look (Blinding).  I started off the paper and used small circles to achieve this look.
 Then I took my mister and sprayed some water into my hand and threw it at the card stock.  Yes I splattered the card stock with water.  But lookie what happened.!!
 Is this not a cool look or what?  Can't wait to try it with other colors!  Click on the pic for a closer look!
 Mounted the sayings on the clear blocks and also the big butt lady and stamped on Very Vanilla with Stazon Black.  I love the blocks for words because you can put all of them on at the same time and Bamm you have them stamped.  Too Cool!
 Ok now that the lady is stamped and the saying is stamped, time for some coloring.  After I got the image colored I punched it out using the 2 1/2" circle punch. and I cut out all the words that I was going to use.  I wanted to mix and match to make a new saying so I only used the words I needed and discarded the rest.
 Here she is all colored and pretty.  The words are cut out in the background.  I cut a length of ribbon and attached it to the back of the circle using Snail Tape.  Trimmed the ends of the ribbon and attached the image to the card.  I then pieced the saying on with glue.  Kinda Ransom style don't you think?

So this is my entry for the Blindingly Bright Contest.!  Or for the astronauts cause I'm sure you could see this from space it is so bright! 

Well that's it for today, Debbie loved the card and of course the gift which is secondary to the wonderfullness of the card.  So I am gone for today, Glaring Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment