Friday, October 28, 2011

Lost Day!

Good day Stampers!  Well yesterday was a totally lost day for me.  I had a flu shot early in the morning and for some reason every year it knocks the poop out of me.  I was like someone drugged, I just couldn't wake up.  Fell asleep in the afternoon and got up around three pm.  Yikes!  So made some supper and tidied the house cause I haven't done much this week and the dust is winning the battle. 

Hubby has some friends over tonight for a Jam (he plays guitar).  They have a basement band call "the Nervous Wrecks"  I think this is cause every time they have to play at a party they freak out lol.  So I am going to try to get some work done.

I have been working on a techniques class that I have on Tuesday evening.  So today's share is two of the cards I have designed for this class.  I dusted off "Bells and Boughs" stamp set to work with.  I love this set, but it's so hard to use for Stamp a Stacks as there is so much coloring.  But for this technique it's perfect.  And because we are not trying to get so many cards done I can slow down and use this set.  I find coloring images so relaxing.  I used the Faux Mother of Pearl technique for this card.  You can find the instructions for this technique on the right hand side of the blog.

Here is my share:
This is one of my Faux Mother of Pearl cards I have for the ladies.  I may play around with the color a little more and darken it on the edges.  I may re-post if I like it better :O)

This is the second card for the techniques class I will be doing on Tuesday evening.  This one is multi-colored embossing.  It is so lovely in real life. 

This is a side view to see if I could capture the shine and different embossing powders.  I used Black, Pewter and Silver Embossing powders.  I love this one.  But then for anyone who knows me Lovely as a Tree is my go to stamp set for Christmas cards.  I must have 30 sets of Christmas stamps but for some reason this one just speaks to me. lol.

So that's it for today my lovelies!  I am off to cut some more card stock.  Technical hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment