Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Man Card!

Hi everyone,

It's Colleen!  I've got a share for you this evening.  I had to make a card for a friend of mine who isn't feeling very good right now.  Unfortunately, he's a man.  lol

Now the unfortunate part of that is that it means I have to make a "Man Card" . . . and I hate making man cards!

Cards for the women in my life are so easy.  You pick pretty colors, add some ribbon and/or flowers and some bling and, voila, you have a beautiful card!  However, you cannot use any of that on a man card.  lol

Anyway, I made the following card for my friend and I'm quite pleased with it.


I used two stamp sets: "Inspired by Nature" and, for the sentiment, "Thoughts and Prayers".  I used Basic Black, Whisper White and Always Artichoke cardstock.  I embossed the grass with Black Emboss Powder and used Always Artichoke ink for the sentiment.  The other elements I used were the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and Always Artichoke brads.

The card base was cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Below is a picture which shows the different layers, along with their sizes.  (I got the idea to do that from Kathy.)  Just click on the picture to make it bigger if you can't read my itty bitty writing.


And that's it for now, inky people!

But before I post this blog entry, I just want to call your attention to the fact that I have not used this arena to respond to Kathy's last entry, in which she obviously suggested that her Christmas card for me would be better than my card for her!  And do you know why I didn't sink to her level?    

Mature hugs,  (lol)
Colleen  

No comments:

Post a Comment