Monday, November 7, 2011

Lovely as a Card!

Good Afternoon Ladies!  Well from the looks of the last post from my wonderful sister the contest is on!!!  So I guess after Christmas we will hold a like and like better contest on line to see which one of us out crafted the other.  Nothing like a little sibling rivalry to make your Christmas, right? 

I am glad to see that she reads my blogs faithfully,  I know that when I stumble across one of her posts I have to make sure I have gone to the bathroom first or have on a pair of depends.  (you get it right?)

Well today was clean up from all the classes last week and the weekend so I had a marathon session of stamp cleaning and putting product back in the correct place.  Whew what a job!  So I had all these stamps on my table and as I am cleaning them I am thinking of another card with the "Lovely as a Tree" stamp I had just cleaned.  This set speaks to me at Christmas time like no other.  Don't know what it is about it, maybe I have been conditioned by 38 years of camping at Big Falls, who knows?  But it really doesn't matter, all that matters is you get another photo tutorial.

Here are your pieces and dimensions.  I stamped and embossed the Lovely as a Tree image before hacking it up into smaller pieces of 1" each.

Here is it I just put a little of Snail tape on it to show you what it looked like before cutting it.  Oops one step ahead of myself.

I glued the Soft Suede and Baja Breeze c/s together leaving a border and then I placed the image on the Baja Breeze c/s and left some openings in between.  This is what the snail tape is good for because you can always move them to line them up properly.  When I have it where I want it I then use Tombow glue.

I used Baja Breeze ink and a snowflake from Serene Snowflakes to stamp on my card in a random manner.

Then I cleaned up the stamp and used the embossing buddy and some Versamark ink and put iridescent Ice embossing powder on the other random snowflakes.  I then heat set this with the heat tool.

I mounted the Focal image on to the card using dimensionals.  Looking Purty right?

Ok now for the fun stuff.  I wanted to use the new Shimmer Paper that I have in White and make my greeting for the card but it was too white.  So I ----- yes I did -----------I sponged some Soft Suede onto the punched out piece and lookee it is darker.    OOOOHHH!  NICE!  You have to pounce on the piece because if you try to flick or drag the sponge - well lets just say - You can't flick or sponge, you have to pounce on it.  Or it might get away!  But it does look lovely.  Now to finish off the card.

I mounted the sentiment onto the fixed punchie with dimensionals and then tombow glue to affix it to the card.  Not bad. 
I quite like it!  So that's it for today ladies, Iridescent and embossed hugs!  Oh and Colleen don't worry too much honey cause I'm gonna win anyway so,  do you need the address to a Dollar Store?  (I'm a BAD puddy tat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment