Friday, December 9, 2011

Power Problems!

Good day Inky people!

I was hoping to get a post in earlier today but unfortunately the power here has been sketchy!  For those of you who don't live in Newfoundland - we had a major wind and rain storm last night.  It was really scary!  My hubby works with the power company and on occasions like this I am usually left to fend for myself!  So the power went and I'm sitting in the dark (and it was really, really dark)  and the wind is howling and things are hitting the house, and I'm alone.  I am not the scardey cat type but last night was not one I would like to do over anytime soon.

So today Hubby is still trying to fix the power around the area and it will probably be another 3:30am night for me and him.  You know something?  You don't realize how much you depend on electricity until you don't have any.  Now I know why people went to bed early when they only had oil lamps. lol

It has come to my attention that I didn't post the pictures of the gifts that I gave my hostesses.  With that in mind today's share is my hand made paper jewellry!  Now I didn't come up with this idea on my own, no I have to give kudos to Amy Celona for the idea. 

Anyway enough blah blah blah!


Look at all these happy smiling faces!  I used Holiday Lineup and made oh - a few for my hostesses and some for my family.  You know what I always say - it's easier to make two than it is one - well forget that!  It was a lot of work!

Here's a close up of the brooch!  The snowman in the middle has the scarf and hat cut out and coloured!  I know what was I thinking????  But they look so adorable how could I not?


Today's joke is one my DD sent in an effort to up grade the type of jokes I have planned for this blog!  Thank you very much for this cartoon Carrie!  I laughed out loud at this one!


So everyone have a good day and check back soon!  I got a million of em'  Guilty hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment