Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fresh Vintage

Good day Stampers!

I'm back - no - it's not the Blog Hogger it's the person who actually owns the blog!  I have been out of touch for several days due to forces beyond my control. 

On Friday I spent the afternoon with one of my stampers from Labrador.  She was in town over night and as I had only chatted with her on the phone I just had to meet her.  We had a lovely afternoon chatting (well I did the most talking, quelle surprise) and stamping and then I took her on an abbreviated tour of my fair city.  Not much to see in winter but the weather co-operated and she got a few pictures.

Friday night was spent going out for supper and a play.  Lots of fun and our Valentine's gift to ourselves.

Saturday my sister and her DH dropped by for a visit.  Had a wonderful visit with her and then spent the evening trying to catch up on some paperwork. 

Sunday the weather was nasty but housework called to me and I had to take supper to my sick Mother in law.  I took supper to her on Monday evening also. 

Monday - a friend popped in for a couple of hours and we stamped.  Then  I had to go to the hospital for some follow up on personal health issues.  Enough said!

Today was a hair cut and groceries. 

Wondering where I found the time to post today?  Me too!  But thankfully because I stamped yesterday morning I have a card to show you!  Yay!

I used the Fresh Vintage stamp set that you will find in the Sale a Bration catalog.  This stamp set is FREE with a $60.00 order.  This is a very simple card but love the pop of red - hummm!  Remind you of something?  Using Basic Black and Real Red feels like DD's wedding colors all over again.  hahaha!  Guess the combo just works, right?  This or something like it will be my thank you cards for my orders this month.  So if you placed an order on line or with me recently this will be in your mail box/bag!

This card was a little too monochromatic for my tastes so I stamped the image in Real Red ink and cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals.  Now it works!

Ok I can see you scratching your heads and wondering what this pic is all about.  :O)  Well one of my stampers was here the other day to place her order.  She needed to get some sticky strip and then she mentioned what she was using it for.  Apparently her daughter wants three sets of hair clips to throw in the loot bags at a birthday party.  So Jennifer has to make 45 of these.  Yeah, we all get roped into projects whether we are moms or grandmoms.  Nice job Jennifer, these look so cute.

That's it for today everyone!  Keep Stamping and I will be back tomorrow with a lovely project I am putting the finishing touches on.  Thanks Colleen for your input this week and I love the glittery butterfly!

Vintage hugs!  (and no cracks about my age ya hear?)

No comments:

Post a Comment