Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Photo Tutorial and Hello Doily!

Good Day Stampers!


Well it's been a hectic weekend for sure followed by another busy day today.  I see the Blog hogger has been here!  I wonder should I change my password?  Hummm!  Have to think that through for sure!

I found out she had hi-jacked my blog on Sunday while at the hospital with my mother in law!   Her birthday was on Saturday and I invited her and her friend to dinner at my place.  We tried to have a lovely lunch but unfortunately she was sick ( no I didn't give her food poisoning)  I had tried on Friday to get her to go to out patients but she said she didn't feel that ill.  Anyway on Sunday I managed to persuade her to go.  I was sitting in the waiting room at Out Patients and not being a patient person (lol) I had brought my Kindle.  I am able to check out the web on my Kindle and I decided to check into my blog.  Imagine my surprise when I learned that Colleen had posted once again!  I laughed out loud in the very quiet room!  Yep, people looked at me strangely.  So three days in a row huh?  Well I suppose it was a good thing in the long run as I was busy with a sick MIL.  So thanks I think!

Today I am making some soup to take down to her but I did find time to make a photo tutorial for you today.  Want to see?  Ok here you go.

I used Island Indigo for my card stock, Hello Doily, Vintage Vogue and Perfect Punches for my stamps.  I also used Old Olive, and Calypso Coral card stock.  The punches were the wide Oval and Large Bird Punch.

First I rubbed the embossing buddy over the card stock and then I inked up the stamp with Versamark Ink,  I then placed the card on the stamp and put a piece of scrap paper over the top and pressed down with my hand to get a good image.  I then poured White Embossing Powder over the image.

After I poured the embossing powder over the image I made sure there was no stray embossing powder on the card and then I heat set the image using the Heat Tool.

Now for the embellishments.  I had the Perfect Punches stamp set on my desk so I decided to go with the Birthday stamp.  You can never have too many Birthday Cards.  I stamped that in Basic Black ink on a scrap of Whisper White.  I was going to use the Scallop Oval punch to frame my sentiment but scrapped that and used the Wide Oval punch instead. 

I punched out some leaves using Old Olive and I cheated because I had this flower in my UFO case and rather than make a new one I decided that it worked. hahaha.  To make this flower I punched the large image from Vintage Vogue on Whisper White twice and the smaller flower once.  Then I cut them out and sponged the edges with Island Indigo ink.  I assembled the flower using dimensionals.  I added a jewel and now I am ready to make the focal image.

This is the back of the sentiment.  I used a scrap of Bashful Blue Satin ribbon and then I glued the two Calypso Coral ovals to the sentiment and started placing the leaves that I had punched out.

When I got it all put together I used Dimensionals to place it on the card.  I added the Flower and a couple more leaves.  I like the look. 

So that's it for today everyone!  I am on a soup run!  So Soupy Hugs!   Oh and thanks Colleen for all your input.  I have decided not to change the password.  :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment