Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Paper Rose

Good day Inky People!

Today dawned bright and beautiful.  So I got jiggy with the craft room.  I am planning on painting said room this weekend.  I am not looking forward to the work but I AM looking forward to the end result.  Because I spend so much time in this room I wanted it to be pretty.  Right now it is SOOOO not pretty.  Hence the face lift.  (Ahh if only a coat of paint would make me look younger! Sigh) 

Today was getting  ready for a class tonight and then  I started  packing it all up and moving it out to other parts of the house.  Then I got a phone call.  One to break your heart for sure.  A friend of mine just lost someone really close and she asked me if I could make a paper rose for her casket.  Apparently her friend really loved the song "Paper Roses".  What could I say but yes, of course.  I wanted to do something nice and I tried with the card stock and while they came out lovely they were just not big enough to suit me.  So I turned to my roots,  Tissue paper flowers and this is what I came up with -


It's been quite awhile since I made something like this but I still have the knack.  I even showed it to my DH and it passed the acid test.  He was impressed.  (and believe me that's not an easy thing to do).  So I spent the better part of the afternoon doing this rose but it is for a worthwhile cause.  I am honoured.

Check back tomorrow for a new card using "The Nicest Things"  

Humble Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment