Sunday, March 11, 2012

Anatomy of a Card!

Good day all you inky people out there!  It's the Blog Hogger here, coming to you with another card.

Now it's important to point out that my wonderful sister, Kathy, is busy painting her craft room this weekend and, therefore, actually asked me to hog her blog!  That was sweet of her . . . but it sure does take the fun out of doing a posting behind her back!  lol

So, on to the anatomy of making this card.
 
Inspiration: Was given the new Adorning Accents Edgelits by a friend so was eager to use them + have two friends who have traveled to warm climates and I'm jealous and desperate for any colors other than white/gray = pinks & yellow cardstock (cs)!  lol

Additional inspiration: My youngest daughter just got a new cat . . . another animal rescue!  Yah!  A reason for making a card!  Double yah!  lol

Don't like coloring so decided not to do anything that requires markers, etc.  (Kathy loves coloring but I experience less stress in the dentist's office!  lol)

Thought long and hard about the appropriate stamp set.  Darn, the cat in the Peace Within stamp set (ss) was perfect for this card so . . . pulled out the markers, Watercolor Paper and Aquapen.  Kept thinking to myself, "I can do this!  I can do this!"

Cut Pretty In Pink cs at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and stamped the proverb from the Peace Within ss at the bottom.  (Used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to position it.)


Took a piece of random Designer Series Paper and used one of the Adorning Accents Edgelits to make a design at the bottom of the paper.


Stamped the cat on the bench image from the Peace Within ss on Watercolor Paper using Basic Black Stazon Ink.  C-o-l-o-r-e-d it with a variety of markers and my Aquapen.  (Can you feel my stress?  I know, I know, I just need to practice more and it will get easier!  Actually, don't mention it to anyone but it was kinda enjoyable this time!  Shhhhh!)  Punched out the image with the 2 1/2" punch.


Made some flowers using the Boho Blossom punch, various Emboss Folders (for texture) and a variety of sparklies, including Basic Pearls, for the centers of the flowers.  I sponged the edges to give some dimension.


And TADA, after using Tombo glue and Dimensionals, here's the completed card!


Now, if you have good eyes and/or a tendency to notice details, you'll see a cat's bottom and tail peeking out from behind the pink flower.  That's because this is my daughter's second animal rescue in about four months and, yes, it's another orange and white cat!  lol

I was introduced to Lucy (the 2nd cat) via Skype.  My daughter turned her laptop around so I could see what cute thing Jack (the 1st cat) was doing.  I reacted predictably since I'm also a cat person, and would be The Crazy Cat Lady if it weren't for the stabilizing influence of my husband!  lol  Then I realized there was the bottom of a second cat in the picture!  Surprise for me and squeals (of happiness) from me!!!  lol

So now I guess when Kathy is bragging about her soon-to-be grandchild, I'll be bragging about the "twins"!  (Now that one is a huge lol!!!)

Furry hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment