Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Silence is Golden or is it Marina Mist?

Hello there Everyone!

Whew what a busy 5 days I have had.  I decided to paint my craft room as Colleen mentioned, and I had no idea how much STUFF I had in that room.    So that is why I have been silent over the last few days.  I actually phoned Colleen and asked her to blog so I could give you something worthwhile to view.  And as only Colleen can do she came through with flying colors and apparently water coloring. 

I had a couple of cards done to blog with while I was busy but forgot, in the flurry, to get pic's of them.  And then they disappeared inside boxes and what not that I took out of the room.

I got the room painted on Sunday and started moving things back slowly.  I am going through every box, drawer and tote to decide what stays and what goes.  Right now it is looking really lovely and I adore the color I chose.  The room was a truly awful shade of grey and now it is a Glorious shade of Marina Mist.  That's right I took a piece of card stock to the store and got them to match it.  I used pure white as my accent and now I am having trouble staying out of the room.  Even though I am still at sixes and sevens the color is just so bright and cheerful.  I will take pic's of it when I finally get everything sorted. 

Today's card was made using Elementary Elegance. 

I cased this card the other night while working with my friends.  We used Daffodile Delight for the base and flower and Basic Black and Very Vanilla for the accent colors.  I embossed the main image in Black Embossing powder and stamped the greeting out with the Curly Label punch.  I made the flower using three punched out flowers using the five petal punch.  Sponged the edges and sprayed water on them so I could crinkle them up.  I used a glimmer brad to put them together and then sprayed with Shimmer Mist.  I also wheeled over the top of the card with the Vintage Vogue wheel.  It is a bright and happy card that works really well with the color scheme in my new improved craft room. 

So to recap - I would highly recommend picking a color from the Stampin' Up! palette when painting any room in your house.  Because SU has done all the work for you, finding the perfect accent color is a snap.  Now when I hang up my cards and projects they will look like they were made to order for the room.  How great is that?

Chat with you tomorrow I hope :O)  

Pleased, satisfied, and pretty room hugs!



No comments:

Post a Comment