Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Strange Tale and more Cards!

Good Day Inky People!


Today's blog post is about something strange that has been happening since I had to put my little doggie friend to sleep!  For four years the birds and assorted critters have become more than friendly with me.  Just after she had left us, I was grieving and suddenly one day when I was bringing in the groceries, a little bird flew into the basement and perched on a music stand (my DH plays guitar, or tries to lol) and started chirping.  It did not appear to be afraid of me and cocked it's head when I told it "This is not the place for you, you have to go out"  Needless to say the bird flew out the door, right over my head.  I was stunned.  Well incidents like this have been happening for four years now. 

This morning I was at the computer and working away when there was a loud noise right by the front window.  There was a Blue Jay sitting on the veranda railing peering in the window and shrieking loudly.  (it certainly got MY attention)  I got up from the computer and walked over to the window and  said (out loud) "What's the problem?"  The Blue Jay looked at me and started shrieking again.  OK, this is strange, it's not flying away.  So we stood there eye to eye for several minutes, then it flew away.  I walked out to the dining room and looked out the window that faces the back yard.  The bird feeder was completely empty.  Yep I think the Blue Jay was trying to tell me that.  So I got dressed and went outside and there were hundreds of birds just waiting for the seed.  Yikes!  And there was the Blue Jay sitting on top of the feeder just waiting also. 

Well that's my strange tale.  And now for the other part of this post.   The other two cards we cased on Tuesday night. 

This card was one of Shelli Gardner's creations and while we used retired DSP I'm pretty sure you can use any Designer Series Paper in your stash just change up the background color.  I used Crumb Cake for the card and stamped the Blossom from the retired stamp set Easter Blossoms in Pretty in Pink.  The Ribbon is Crumb Cake Seam Binding.  I used a couple of flowers from a retired Pretties set and colored them with Rose Red ink and a sponge. 

  Sharon's daughter is getting married this summer and her wedding invites are done using this stamp set and vellum.  She wanted a shower card using the wedding colors and the stamp set.    We used Pretty in Pink and Early Espresso card stock and stamped the image with Early Espresso ink and then touched it up with the same marker.  To get the blossoms white we used the White Gel pen.  After we colored in the blossoms we added Dazzling Diamonds.  This is Sharon's card


and this is mine.  I put the stamp on right side up and covered the bottom of the branch with the greeting.  I also used different ribbon, but other than that, they are the same.

This is a close up of the glitter.  Oh and that mark is not ink but  in the card stock. lol

Well that's it for today everyone!  Have a great weekend and keep stamping! 

Wishing for Spring  hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment