Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Couple of cards and a Recipe!

Good day Crafty Ones!

Last night was filled with laughter and fun and card stock flying all over the place.  We cased several cards that we liked last night.  Not so much our own ideas.  But sometimes that works well also.  I will show you two of the cards we cased. 

This one is cased courtesy of Jan Tink.  I love her blog, it is so funny and I usually like her style also.  We used the Fresh Vintage stamp set once again.  Since this is a free set I wanted to showcase some of the things you can do with it.  I also used the free ribbon and DSP.  So this card except for the Marina Mist, Calypso Coral and Old Olive card stock (oh and the pearls) every thing else was free.  Whoopee! 

I think this card is one I saw in a picture from the last Leadership Convention in Utah.  I like the clean lines and the pop of color.  I did change it up from the original by adding a cute little flower on the sentiment.  I used the Boho Blossom Punch and separated the card stock and then glued them back with the rough side showing.  Rumpled it up a little bit and then added a pearl.  What do you think?  You can click on the picture to see a larger version and that way you can see all the details.

I also wanted to post a recipe for Cold Pizza!  (At least that's what my daughter calls it)  I got the recipe from her quite awhile back and I love it.  Apparently so did my stampers.  I had a class on Sunday past and they almost ate me out of house and home. :O)  Oh and this recipe will be labeled so you can find it on the right hand side of the blog under recipes. 

Cold Pizza

One frozen bread dough thawed and allowed to rise a little bit.
One Package low fat Cream Cheese
Two Tablespoons Mayonnaise (I used Hellman's)
Couple of Sprinkles of Dill weed
Assorted veggies cut extra fine

Directions

Roll out dough to pizza shape and size.  I have a large pan so it makes a lot.  I also like a thinner crust so I roll thin.  Place in the oven on 400 degrees and bake until brown and bottom is a little crispy.  I use a fork to make sure the dough doesn't have bubbles as it bakes.  Let the air out of those bubbles!   Once the Pizza is baked let it cool on the pan. 

Soften the Cream Cheese and add the mayonnaise and the dill.  I usually taste it and add more dill if needed.  (I'm a fly by the seat of your pants kinda cook)  Now once the Cream Cheese is mixed, spread it over the cooled pizza, evenly.

Chop veggies finely and spread over the pizza.  I usually press the veggies down into the Cream Cheese so they will stay put.  The veggies I use are - Broccoli, Cauliflower, green peppers or red, cucumber, celery, mushrooms and if you like you can add onions.  (Pretty much anything you have in the fridge)

This is a delish appetizer or can substitute for a meal really easily.

I hope you will try this recipe and I'm sure it will become one of your fav's.

That's it for me today!  A recipe for love hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment