Saturday, March 31, 2012

Window Sheet Card

Good sunny afternoon, everyone!

This is your favorite Blog Hogger, Colleen.  I received some new Stampin' Up merchandise a week ago and have been busy ever since playing with my product.  lol

Anyway,, the first card I want to show you is what I've been calling a window sheet card.  



The outside was made using a random Embossing Folder, the Labels Framelits Dies, and the Five Petal and Boho Blossoms punches (for the flower).  

Hmmm, if you are a visual learner like I am, you probably have absolutely no idea how I made the card.  And since I've already given it away, I can't even do a picture tutorial to show you what I did.  I can, however, show you a picture of the inside so that you'll understand where the Window Sheet comes into play.


If you look closely at the picture you'll see that I cut a Window Sheet 4"x 5 1/4" to cover the inside of the card front.  I attached the Window Sheet with Mini Glue Dots.  (The image you see on the "front" of the card was actually stamped on the inside.  You look through the card as if you were looking through a window.)

I used the Labels Framelits Dies to made the shapes for the inside of the card, and stamped the Whisper White layer with one of the images from the Up in the Air stamp set.

I used Rose Red, Pretty in Pink and Whisper White cardstock and a large Basic Pearl for the middle of the flower on the front.

You know what?  I am getting a vision of Kathy rolling her eyes and saying, "Seriously?  Is that the best you can do?"  And my answer to her is, "Heck, no!  Just you wait and see what I'm posting tomorrow, Card Goddess!"  (Disclaimer: Actually, Kathy wouldn't say that to me.  I'm just trying to build suspense for tomorrow!  lol)

And now I bet I have all of you talking to yourselves, don't I?  You're saying, "Card Goddess?  What's up with that?"  Yah, that's not my nickname for my sister.  The same friend who dubbed me the "Blog Hogger" calls Kathy the "Card Goddess".  And here's the worse part . . . she's my friend!  lol

Anyway, that's it until tomorrow!

Clearly jealous hugs,
Colleen


No comments:

Post a Comment