Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Fond Farewell!

Good day Stampers!

Well I have been going through my stamps and marking the retired ones.  I have to say I will miss some of my favorites but am looking forward to the new rubbah!  For some change is hard, but for me I find it invigorating and energizing.  A chance to start fresh if you will.  (It also fits right in with my cleaned up and revamped craft room, not so many sets left! :O)

With the weather warming up and minds thinking of summer sun and  vacation I  am feeling frisky!  (No not that kind of frisky silly ones!)  But I have more energy and today I moved furniture in my living room around to make room for me to open my front door and let in sunshine and fresh air.  No more coma for me thank you very much!

I think that over the next month and 1/2 I will focus on the  retirees!   I have chosen some of my favorites to share, so watch to see if they are your favorites also, and look for a photo tutorial or a technique that I LOVE to do with one set in particular.

  Today's card is one that I haven't shown you.  I used it at a Stamp A Stack recently!  It is a little more involved than I usually do at a SAS but the other four were so simple that we had loads of time to fuss.  This card would make a lovely Mother's Day card.  However I won't be doing that one for mom because I have to outshine the other card maker in this family.  At least this time I have some warning that there actually IS a contest! hahaha

Here you go lovelies, enjoy -

First retiree - Vintage Vogue!  I love this stamp set so much.  Very versatile and the images work really well in the vintage style.  I love the swirly vines and the flowers with the words on them.  Today's card uses Baja Breeze and Daffodile Delight card stock and ink.  This is a soft pairing of colors and not my usual "style", but I love how it turned out.  (That is I love it  after not one but three tries to get one I liked :O)  

I used the En Francais back ground stamp and Emboss Resist for the technique.  I stamped the image in versamark ink and then poured White embossing powder on it and heat set it with the heat tool.

All of the other images were stamped over this.  But before that happened, I sponged very lightly in Baja Breeze and Daffodile classic ink and blended it again softly in the middle.  The leaves were stamped in Old Olive, my go to color for leaves.

This is a close up of the flower detail on the lower side of the card.  I stamped the image in Daffodile Delight ink on scrap white card stock and cut around it and sponged the flower with the same ink.  I then stamped the smaller flower and cut out and layered it with a dimensional.  Added a Jewel and placed it on the card.  After that was done I then stamped the leaves.  I'm no dummy, if I stamped the leaves first, well you just know I wouldn't have done it right.

This is a close up of the emboss resist and the lovely vine at the top of the card.  The "Happy Mother's Day was stamped in Baja Breeze ink on a scrap of Whisper White and trimmed by hand.  Yes, I am THAT good!  Added a couple of Daffodile Delight butterflies from the Beautiful wings Embosslit and a couple more jewels.  OOOH lovely!

Well that's it for today as I have to get back to the furniture in the living room.  It won't move on it's own, darn it!  And I want to leave myself some time to eat lunch and read "The Hunger Games".  I don't know what the movie is like, but the book is mesmerizing!  Oh and I have "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" on my Kindle also.  Another "can't put down book"  I am not sleeping at all - reading most of the night!  This is what sunshine does to me.  lol.

Aching back hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment