Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fifth Avenue Floral sob, sob!

Good day Crafty ones!

How is everyone today?  I am busy designing a new class for the end of the month.  I got caught up in the sunshine yesterday and got lots done in the house cleaning wise but not much crafting.  So today I took out an old friend - Fifth Avenue Floral, and decided to do a card and photo Tutorial for ya'll.!  (now where did I put that Mint Julep?)

The tutorial is called Re-Inker Spread Technique and this stamp set works so well.  It produces some of the most amazing flowers and the shine and mottled look makes the stamped image just pop.  Fifth Avenue Floral will be retiring the end of May, so if you want this set you may order it here.

Well enough talking about it!  How about I put my pictures where my mouth is?  I hear ya!

Re-Inker Spread

I used Certainly Celery textured card stock and a window sheet that I had left over from a retired Night and Day DSP package.  I used my Big shot to cut out the circle in the front.  If you click on the picture you will get the measurements.

I added some Sticky Strip to the card stock and then placed my window sheet on the cut out, lining it up with the edges of the card.

I added some more Sticky Strip to the window sheet.

I used Tombow glue on the card also as I did not want my covering piece of Certainly Celery Card stock to come off lol.  I then removed the orange strip and glued the covering piece onto the base card.  I lined it up exactly with the edges of the card.

Now that is done and things are looking good.  On to the tutorial.

I used Fifth Avenue Floral, Shimmery White card stock, embossing buddy, White Embossing powder and Versamark ink.

I like to place an old dish towel on my work surface as this is a messy technique.  I used Regal Rose, Rose Red and Pink Pirouette re-inkers and my aqua painter.  I also have on hand a mister bottle filled with water. 

I first stamped and embossed the large rose image on the Shimmery White card stock and added White embossing powder and heat set the images.  After that was done, I took the card stock and sprayed it liberally with water.  Tip - This technique only works with Shimmery White c/s.  I started with the lightest color, Pink Pirouette.  I picked up the color with the aqua painter and let the ink float over the card stock.

I used Regal Rose re-inker next and then finished off with the Rose Red re-inker.  As you can see it is a mess right now.  You can play with how the colors float in the water over the image until you are satisified with the look.  But remember what this looks like now is no indication of how it will look dry. 

I put water and re-inker on the rest of the embossed images.  I used Daffodile Delight re-inker for these last two flowers.  This picture shows really well just how wet I have my paper.  Allow time for the water and card stock to dry or do as I do and cheat,  dry it with the heat embossing tool. :O)

I stamped the leaf image from  French Foliage on Old Olive c/s and embossed it with Vanilla Scented embossing powder.  I cut out the three leaves leaving a tail on the end so I may glue it.  I cut out all the flower images and as you can see I have them laid on the card.  Guess you can see where I am going with this one right?

Checked out the UFO box and found a swirl in Black so decided to use it for effect and tie in the black polka dots in the window sheet. 

Now is assembly time.  I added dimensionals and glued the leaves and swirl on the rose.  Looks awful doesn't it?

I attached the rose and leaves and then added the two Daffodile Delight Flowers to the edges.  Hey the rose is looking really good isn't it?

Now for the inside.  Because I have a window sheet I need to have something to show through the window and I chose to put my greeting inside, instead of on the top outside of the card.  I also added a surface to write on and some Old Olive Satin ribbon and one of the left over flowers. 

I'm done and I guess by now so are you.  This was a long tutorial, but I hope you liked it.  I had a lot of fun designing this card.  I hope you will try this for yourself.  It's a really fun and messy technique but the end results are amazing.

So it's time to go again and get something ready for my man for supper.  Spreading hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Great card & tutorial! I'm new to SU and will most definately try this process.

    ReplyDelete