Thursday, April 19, 2012

Taking Pocket Silhouettes out of my pocket!

Good Day Crafty ones!

Well it's time for another fare thee well to a retiring set.  Today's featured set is called "Pocket Silhouettes".  Another one of my favorites over the years.  But to be honest I haven't used this set in a while.  Of course as soon as Stampin' Up! announces that it is retiring, I get sentimental and then I fall in love all over again. (sigh)

This is a super cute set with four images of grasses and flowers.  It is a small set, but versatile. 

Yesterday's  12" x 12" Certainly Celery textured card stock was still on my desk and there was a 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" piece left.  So I decided to use it to make the card I have for you today.  Waste not, want not.  (and of course the lazy woman's way of cleaning up left over card stock)  The size of the card is 6" x6", scored at 3". 

Here you go -


 I decided to use the Framelits labels to cut out some frames for the stamps.  I used the smallest label and cut two in Elegant Eggplant.  I sponged the sides with the same ink and stamped two of the silhouettes on them with Elegant Eggplant classic ink. 

 I cut the last frame out using Very Vanilla card stock and stamped the image in Certainly Celery.  I added a ribbon background using the new Daffodil Delight seam binding (love it!)  and placed the images on the card using dimensionals.

I am waiting for my Itty Bitty shapes punches to arrive but since I have a discontinued punch called Trio Flower, I decided to use that instead.  I punched out three flowers and sponged them with Daffodil Delight, scrunched them up a bit and attached them to the card using Tombow Glue.  I then placed a jewel in the center of the flowers as a finishing touch.   Added a greeting from the set, "Friend to Friend", in Elegant Eggplant to finish. 

This card is super cute.  See how easy it is?  Yep, I'm in love again! 

If you would like to order this set, the number is 111672 and is located on page 109 in the catalog.  You may order that through me or go shopping on the right hand side of the blog. 

Don't have a demonstrator?  No problem,  I would love to be your  demonstrator.!!

Gotta go!  Silhouetted hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment