Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Mother's Day Challenge?

Good day Everyone!

It's the Card Goddess here!  I finally have the time to respond to my sister's blogs over the last couple of days!  (Lot's of days and don't think I haven't noticed).  Yes it is true, awhile back when I was in Stephenville one of my stampers called me the Card Goddess!  Yes it's gone to my head!  How could it not?  Especially when she called Colleen the Blog Hogger!  (and apt name I might add).  Wilhelmena is very good at giving people nicknames, really, really good!  I have no problem with mine!

However, today is the day to respond to the NUMEROUS posts done by none other than my sis.  Colleen, I'm so glad you don't get a package every week.  If you did I might have to set you up with your own blog.  Now wouldn't that be something! (BTW the sheep are totally cute!)

I also took note of the photo tutorial of the Telescoping card that she did. ( and according to the traffic on my blog so did ALOT of people)  Nice tutorial, beautiful card,  but then she mentioned that it was going to our mother for Mother's Day.  hummmm.  So of course that means that I can't just give mom a  regular ordinary card with flower  and ribbon,  nooooooo now I have to create a wow card.  Thanks so much Colleen!  ( insert image of tongue sticking out here!) 

Rest assured I will haul out all the guns I have in my arsenal!  The mind will boggle.  (Actually Colleen read my last post and phoned me last night, guess what?  She is a little nervous! hahaha)  And well she should be!  But I love you too!

Ok enough with the sisterly competition!  You just came here for the card photos didn't you?  So here you go a new card to drool over -

This is a card my group worked on  a couple of weeks ago.  This is Sharon's!

And this one is mine.  Yes, I know that the sentiment is a little crooked.  We were laughing so much that I really wasn't paying attention.    I used Marina Mist as my base, added another layer of Marina Mist and ran it through the Vintage Wall Paper embossing folder and then sponged it with the same ink.  I used More Mustard as my contrast color and some Whisper White taffeta ribbon and also a punched out border with the Scallop Border punch.

To get the sponged rectangle in the middle I made a mask by cutting a rectangle in the middle of a scrap piece of card stock and then I sponged Marina Mist lightly in the center.  I stamped directly on the sponged rectangle and then popped up the flowers on Dimensionals. 

This is a beautiful card and so serene for a sympathy card.  Now if I can just figure out how to fix the sentiment.  Oh well I always say "There are NO mistakes, only an opportunity for embellishments!". 

Well that's it for today everyone!  Had a blast chatting with you!  Keep checking back as I have some scrapbook pages to share with you and a couple of really lovely Baby Shower cards!  It's the Card Goddess signing off and  heading to the kitchen to make supper!  Even us Goddesses have to do household chores.  Gotta find me a solution for that one!

On a Pedestal hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment