Thursday, June 28, 2012

New Appreciation for Kathy!

Hi everyone,

It's the Blog Hogger here.  Warning: There will be no humor in this blog posting!  (Well, maybe there'll be a teeny tiny bit.)

Oh my, I have a new appreciation for my sister!  It's easy to blog occasionally, throwing in tidbits . . . and sometimes whole handfuls . . . of my off-beat humor.  But I have discovered . . . today . . . that trying to come up with new card ideas, while feeling the stress of needing to make a posting, can suck the humor right out of me!

Having been deprived of competing with Kathy because she's off camping in the wilderness, I have devolved into competing with myself . . . and that's a quick recipe for disaster.  Yesterday, I promised that I'd make a Big Buckle card using only current merchandise.

So, I came up with this great title for a posting: Bold, Bright & Beautiful Big Buckle Card!  Isn't it catchy?  After two hours of designing, making, tweaking and re-tweaking a card I realized that the only good thing about the card was that title!  So I decided to scrap it.  It turned out that it was too bold, bright and busy . . . and there wasn't a bit of "beautiful" to be seen anywhere!

But was I cranky and frustrated?  You bet your booty I was!  I was so low that I had to look up to see the underbelly of a snake!

Anyway, I ended up calming down and making a very simple card . . . and with that my sense of humor peeked it's little head around the corner of my craft room and asked if it was safe to come back!  I welcomed the little critter back with open arms and the two of us (Yes, I'm pretty sure I ended up with some split personality issues today!) will now cheerfully show you the card I made for a friend who needs a little pick-her-up!  lol


The sentiment and the birdhouse are popped up on Dimensionals.  I used the Up in the Air stamp set, which is discontinued, but also used the Word Window and Modern Label punches and one of the Adorning Accents Edgelits and they are in the catalogue.  I also used Bravo Burgundy and Whisper White cardstock and Chocolate Chip ink, along with some markers to color the flowers and leaves.

I'm getting new merchandise next week so will use current stamp sets then.  I promise . . . which is way-y-y-y-y different than setting up a challenge for myself . . . with myself!  lol

Simple hugs are better than frustrated ones,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment