Saturday, June 30, 2012

Big Buckle Card Revisited!

Hi everyone,

This is the newly calm and relaxed Blog Hogger coming to you with a revised version of the Big Buckle card I botched a couple of days ago.  Let's all say "Ommmmmm!" together now, shall we?  lol

So to what do I attribute my new Zen-like state, you ask?  Well, Katherine, the Card Goddess, was home for a few hours yesterday.  She called me to comment on my blog postings and asked about the Bold, Bright & Beautiful Big Buckle Card that became the Big, Bold, Bright, Busy, Botched Big Buckle Card.  (Did you follow all of that alliteration?)

I sent her a picture of the card and . . . after she'd stopped laughing . . . gave me some pointers on what I did wrong.  Seems you shouldn't use three bright colors, flowers, way too many butterflies and a fancy fold all on one card.  Hmmm, who knew?  lol  I knew I'd gotten myself into trouble when I kept adding stuff trying to make it look better!

So . . . I peeled off the main element, kept the overall design, used softer colors, ditched the butterflies and am now able to present my Soft & Subtle Big Buckle Card.  (The alliteration isn't as good but the card is better!  lol)


It uses the Elements of Style and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets; Labels Collection Framelits; Word Window, Modern Label and Scallop Trim Border punches; Square Latice Emboss folder; markers; Dazzling Details; and Old Olive, Pretty in Pink and Whisper White cardstock (cs).  And, tada, all of those products are in the current catalogue!


I stamped the image again, colored a couple of the flowers, cut them out and popped them up on Dimensionals.  (That's why they extend outside the Old Olive frame.)


I'm a lot happier with the card now, but I think I will use Certainly Celery instead of Old Olive cs next time to give it an even softer look.


Soft and relaxed hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment