Monday, July 2, 2012

My Creativity Melted!

Hi everyone,

It's the Blog Hogger again!  I haven't posted over the last couple of days because the weather has been wonderful . . . hot but wonderful . . . and I've been doing outdoor things!

Today it was 25 degrees Celsius, with the humidex making it seem like 31!  Now, living in Newfoundland and Labrador (NL) I am much more familiar with the wind chill factor . . . which is what we get when it's cold outdoors and the wind is blowing.  I actually had to google "humidex" today to find out what the heck that was about!

Okay, not really!  I used comedic license . . . which is like poetic license only for comics . . . to help my Sit-Down comedy.  I tried to do Stand-Up comedy but it was too difficult to type that way!  lol

Okay, can we all agree at this point that the heat has gotten to my brain?  lol  I know it definitely melted my creativity! However, inspiration can come from strange places, and mine came when I was eating a cherry creamsicle this afternoon in an attempt to get cool!

Oh, and for those of you who are used to hotter temperatures, NL is a wonderful place to be in the summer!  We have lots of outdoor things to do, lots of uninhabited spaces to do it and temperatures that are . . . usually . . . cool enough to allow you to do those things in comfort!

Hey!  I sound like a NL Tourism commercial!  I wonder if they would pay me for that spiel?  Wouldn't that be awesome?  (Again, the heat has taken over my brain!)

Back to the card . . . remember how I was eating a cherry creamsicle when inspiration hit?  Well, I made a cherry creamsicle card!!!  I also cheated 'cause remember my creativity melted in the heat?  Well, it's not really cheating.  I just CASEd (copy and share everything) a card I saw at Chic&Scratch.typepad.com.

Here it is!



I changed up a few things for my card.  While I kept the overall design, I used Cherry Cobbler cardstock (cs), the Word Window punch to make the "stick" (I punched the stick twice and glued it together to give it more stability), and the Mouthwatering stamp set in the new catalogue (p. 48) as the inspiration for my design for the front of the card.  (I wish I actually had that stamp set 'cause it would be a lot of  fun to use it to make cards on a hot day in the summer.)

I also cut out an extra piece of Cherry Cobbler cs to glue to the back of the card to cover the "stick".  (I glued the stick to the back of the card.)

I used Crystal Effects to cover my "cherries" so they have a raised look.  Another option would have been to use Cherry Scented Emboss Powder on the cherries to make them smell oh-so-good!  Here's a picture from the side.



I took one more picture so you could see the size of the card.  The piece of Cherry Cobbler cs was 5 1/2" x 3 3/4", scored at 2 3/4" on the 5 1/2" side.  That's one of the reasons I didn't use a real popsicle stick 'cause I wanted the card to fit into a standard card envelope.  I mean I had ready access to a used popsicle stick . . . but then who would want the card?  lol  (The picture was taken before I'd added the Crystal Effects.)




Let's see, what else did I use to make the card?  I used Whisper White and Crumb Cake cs, white grosgrain ribbon (it slides up and down the stick, and when it's at the top it holds the card shut), the 1/2" Circle punch for the cherries, a Chocolate Chip marker for the stems, a scrap of Old Olive cs for the leaf, the 3/16" Corner punch, the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle punch, Signo Gel pen for the marks on the cherries, and a Stylus and Mat Pack to make the holes around the edge of the scallop circle.


Well, that's it for now.


Hot, sweaty hugs . . . ooooh, that doesn't sound so good, does it?  Hmmmm, how about cool and yummy hugs?  Better?  Okay!

Cool and yummy hugs,
Colleen

1 comment:

  1. This is too Sweet!!A wonderful Card!!TFS...
    Cool and Yummy Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete