Monday, July 2, 2012

Camping with Betsy's Blossoms!


Good day Crafty Ones!

It is I, the Card Goddess!  Well I finally got my craft paraphernalia brought up to our camper!  And it only took one trip and a little car!  (full)

I thought today I would give the totally insane Blog Hogger (aka my sister, Colleen) a little break from blogging as apparently it has been stressful for her lately trying to be funny and create cards.  Poor thing was reduced to challenging herself in self made contests.  (she is really missing me!)

But I must say her posts have been really entertaining.  She is laugh out loud funny for sure!  Keep up the hogging I love it and I love your cards.  (she just got a new order in with merchandise from the new catalog so who knows when she will hog my blog again and what she will have for us!)


I actually have a new card for you today and there is a long story that goes with it but I will try to condense it for you!

I have had this idea in mind for a card made with Betsy's Blossoms ever since I got the set back in May, but here is what happened!

  • Idea comes to me!
  • Poo have to go camping
  • Double Poo, No craft supplies
  • Ok, sketch idea on paper, then promptly lose paper for a couple of days grrrr!
  • Go home and get supplies (yay)
  • Get up next morning raring to go make said card!
  • Rain Delay!
  • Next day more rain! (card stock and damp weather not a good mix)
  • Same thing next day! This is getting very old, very fast!
  • Bring supplies into the trailer and set up in small space.
  • Take out all the supplies and find out I don't have the blankety blank stamp set!
  • When  home next time, get stamp set!
  • Finally, get all the elements together and make card!
Seriously though I had forgotten how hard it is to make cards with limited supplies.  I am so used to just reaching for something and using what ever comes to mind that working in a small space with few supplies (my idea of few is probably not the same as yours) can be daunting.

I will take pictures of my craft room in the wilderness soon to show you what I am working with!


So after all this, here is said card!




It is a little cloudy out here at the camp site so the picture is a little dark.   I used Marina Mist card stock and Whisper white for the insert!  I cut out a cloud out of scrap c/s and sponged Marina Mist over the white to make my sky.  I took a piece of Lucky Limeade and and cut all the little grass blades.  I stamped the bird image in Marina Mist ink and then cut out the banners using the Itty Bitty Labels framelits.  I attached the banner using dimensionals and then took a Basic Black marker and added a little line to connect the banner to each other and the bird.

I stamped the flowers in Primrose Petals and then cut out each and every one and attached them separately. 

I love it.  Added a jewel to the eye and my first Big Falls creation was done.  I was so pleased to finally get this one down on paper. lol.

I wish you could see what I have to do to post these cards.  I am sitting in my car with the laptop almost completely open and typing kinda vertically.  It's hilarious!  Now that's dedication or lunacy, I'm not sure which!
I have to go I am losing the light and running out of battery power.  So Flying high hugs!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I love it, Katherine! What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete