Saturday, June 23, 2012

Thank You!

Hi there, all you inky people out there in internet land!  It's Colleen, aka the Blog Hogger, coming to you from beautiful, sunny, hot Stephenville, Newfoundland!

I know . . . you're asking yourself why I am blogging on such a beautiful evening, when I could be outside enjoying the weather.  I could say it's because I love making cards and sharing them with all of you.  And I do . . . but the real reason I'm blogging today is 'cause Kathy told me to pick up some of the slack while she's camping . . . and I'm scared of her!  lol

Actually, we were talking last night and I was bragging about what a wonderful day I'd had at work yesterday and a card was involved, of course, and so one thing followed another and she told me to post a picture of the card.  (Sorry for being so wordy but I'm still on a sugar-high from yesterday and can't stop talking.  It's comparable to the squirrel from the movie "Over the Hedge" . . . after he drank the Red Bull!  lol)

I'll try to give you the short version of why I got the card yesterday.  The people I work with love me!!!  (Okay, that was short but didn't explain it well. I'll try again.)  I am the head of our social committee.  It's a very small committee . . . consisting basically of one person, although I have a couple of wonderful helpers I can call on when I need to.

Here I am known as the Blog Hogger but at work I'm known as Colleen, the Social Committee Queen!  (Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?  I picked out the nickname myself!  lol)  Anyway, we celebrated the end-of-the-school-year yesterday and gave gifts to our retirees, etc.  Oh yeah, and I ate lots and lots of sweets!

Unbeknownst to me, my boss (you remember her, the one I hated 'cause she made prettier Stampin' Up stuff then I did. . . and then tolerated 'cause she said my Mother's Day card tied with Kathy's . . . and now love to pieces 'cause she made me a be-u-ti-ful card) made me a card and presented me with flowers and a gift card from the staff in appreciation for what I've contributed social committee-wise.

It was so sweet . . . and totally unexpected!  And now, here's the card:


Isn't it beautiful?  I love the colors, the designer paper, the textured top section, the butterflies, the seam binding, and the pearls!  Madam Boss Lady did a wonderful job on it!

The colors are Night of Navy, Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, and Marina Mist.  She used the Beautiful Wings Embosslit run through the Big Shot and the Word Window punch.  The sentiment came from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.

And now that your eyes are tired from trying to follow my rapid-fire typing, I'll just say to those of you who asked me to post soon . . . stating they missed my banter . . . be careful what you wish for!  hehehehehe

Sugar-high hugs,
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. Colleen, you are so nice to your boss and you are very deserving of such a beautiful card!
    The Boss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much, kind Boss! lol

    The Blog Hogger

    ReplyDelete