Thursday, July 5, 2012

I'm in Love . . . with the New Stampin' Up Stuff!

Hi everyone,

It's the Blog Hogger!  While I don't have much in the way of humor to share with you today, I do have a card to show!  And seriously, folks, isn't that what this blog is all about?  lol


First, you have to realize that I only got my new merchandise recently . . . and I had to go visit Kathy to get it . . . and I was sooooo happy to see her . . . 'cause I hadn't seen her in weeks 'cause she'd been camping . . . and I wouldn't be seeing her again until SEPTEMBER 'cause I'm going on vacation and by the time I get back she'll be with her daughter and the new baby!  I suspect I'll miss her a teeny tiny bit . . . or a whole big lot . . . but thank heavens for Skype 'cause that'll keep us connected.

Anyway, because I was visiting Kathy I didn't get home until late and my husband wanted to get a second coat of stain on the deck, soooooo I didn't get to play with my new "toys" until really late.  Once I got started tho' I ended up making two cards, checking out a new stamp pad, and using one of the Stampin' Spritzers!  OMG, I'm in love!  Sigh!!!  lol

I've heard lots about the new stamp pads but seriously, folks, they are awesome!  I can't get over the coverage, especially with background stamps!

The Stampin' Spritzers spray a really fine mist . . . which is much better than the dollar store spray bottle I'd been using!  And there are two in the pack!!!  Ooooh, I'm going to have fun with those!

And now on to the card!  (You knew I'd get there eventually, didn't you?  lol)

Oh, wait!  First I have to show you a really cute picture my youngest daughter sent to me.  Remember how I'd been complaining my creativity had melted?  Well, looks like I'm not the only overly warm one in the family!



Check out the freezer pack on Lucy's stomach!  Too funny . . . except that I just realized we'll be visiting said daughter next week . . . and staying with her!  Well, there goes my creativity again!  lol

And now (I swear to it) here's the card!


It really and truly is a 10 min. card!  I used one of the images from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set and the sentiment is from  the hostess set, Summer Afternoon.

I used Melon Mambo and Whisper White cardstock (cs) and colored the silhouette stamp with markers.


I used the Simply Scored Scoring Tool to make the two lines around the edges of the Whisper White cs, glued it to the Melon Mambo cs and tada, it was done!


Hint: If you score someplace that you don't want it (for example, I didn't want score lines going through the sentiment or picture) just turn the cs over and gently flatten it using the Bone Folder.


BTW, I've finally figured out why I have such a desire to use alliteration in my postings!  Just check out the names of the colors in the Stampin' Up catalogue!  lol


Simple and serene hugs,
Colleen


No comments:

Post a Comment