Friday, July 6, 2012

Crafting in the Park!


Good Day Crafty ones!


I went home on Wednesday because I had a huge order coming and my hubby had papers to sign concerning his retirement.  He still shivers everytime he thinks of what he has done.  He is one of those lucky ones that actually loved his job so this was super hard for him.  It’s going to take some time for him to relax.

I got my wilderness craft room set up and today I got a couple of cards done.  I brought some of my new products with me (another small suitcase full lol)  I will continue to do this every time I go home until I finally go home for good.  By that time I will need a semi to lug it all home.

  Here are a couple of pictures to show you  my set up.



This is a close up view!


And a little further out!



What do you think?  The chair is to give me some support for my wonky back.  I use baskets for my products and have them arranged with ink and markers in one, punches in another,  of course I have a basket for stamps, accessories/glue, and big shot items.  My Big Shot is here and so is my embossing tool.  I can only use the tool when the generator is on.  You  may have noticed the laptop on the table, I use that for music and for inspiration.  What me need inspiration?  Yeah sometimes I need a visual help too!


 I promised you a sample using A Reason To Smile stamp set and since I needed a Birthday card for my mom I decided to kill two birds with one stamp.  You can order this set for only $5.00 with any $60.00 order.  The set is worth $20.95.

A Reason to Smile is a two step system but today I just stamped the image using Black Stazon.  I colored the image using Wisteria Wonder and Lucky Limemade markers.  I used the Happiest Birthday from Apothecary Art.  I ran a piece of Floral District DSP through the Big Shot using my new embossing folder Delicate Designs.  ( I am sitting here with my catalog and looking up the names for all the new product hahahaa)

Stampin’  Tip:  If you ink up your stamp with Versamark ink first and then before you stamp on the card stock, ink it up with Stazon Black.  The versamark ink protects the stamp and it makes it easier to clean.  The versamark ink won’t hurt any of the inks.  I have been doing this for a long time and it certainly makes life easier.


I used Apothecary Accents framelits to cut out a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I ruffled the ribbon using some Sticky Strip and added a cute little butterfly using Papillon Potpourri and the matching punch.  Love it!  What do you think?  Not too shabby for a card made under difficult circumstances!  (that’s if you call lots of fresh air and sunshine difficult of course!)


That’s it for today folks.!  Getting a tan hugs!


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card!! And not to mention, creating it under such harsh/primitive conditions!! lol I had to show DH cuz he thought I was the only one to do that!! When we go camping I have a whole bunch of stuff packed for crafting!! :)
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete