Saturday, July 7, 2012

I Love Poppies!

Hi everyone,

It's the Blog Hogger again!

I'm still on a high from getting my new Stampin' Up stuff!  There's just so many beautiful, quality things to play with that my little mind is running in circles!  I'll see if I can calm it down a bit. Ommmm!  There!  That's better!  I have my Zen-like calmness back!  No, wait!  See?  I'm still using way too many exclamation points and that means I'm still hyper!  Oh well, let's run with it, shall we?  lol

Soooooo, I have another card to share with you.


I love this one!  I used the Pleasant Poppies stamp set, which is a background stamp that makes a huge impression all on it's own!

I used a new Soft Suede stamp pad and it inked up the whole surface beautifully and quickly!  The card was made using Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink and Crumb Cake cardstock (cs).

I ran a piece of Textured Pretty in Pink cs through the Crimper to get the rippled look.  Then I lightly sponged Pretty in Pink ink over the ridges to bring out the texture a bit more.  I also used a bit of Certainly Celery ribbon, a small oval and the Large Oval punches.

I stamped the poppy image again, colored three of the poppies and popped them up on Dimensionals.  Then I colored the three stems belonging to those flowers.

Okay, now that I've given you the main details, I'll share some insider information with you.

I bought the background stamp but forgot I didn't have the proper sized block to go with it.  Therefore, I used the E block and attached it horizontally across the top of the stamp.  I inked up the whole stamp, placed it on the cs, and pressed down on the stem part with my fingers.

Needless to say, the top part came out better and I just covered the bottom with the Pretty in Pink section!  As Kathy always says, there are no mistakes, only opportunities for embellishment!  So, it worked out great, but I'll still be getting the F block in my next order!  lol

I also got a little spot on my Whisper White cs so I deliberately added more by using the Color Spritzer Tool and Crumb Cake and Pretty in Pink markers.

And now you know I'm not perfect!  Oh wait!  You already knew that 'cause I told you about the botched Big Buckle card!  lol

Humble and imperfect hugs,
Colleen


No comments:

Post a Comment