Sunday, July 8, 2012


Good day everyone!


How is the weather in your little piece of the world.  Here it is still HOT as Hades and since we are not used to it I am literally melting.

 Hubby and I went for a Quad ride today out an old road.  I love to ride the Quad even though there are a few bumps in the road.  I just love the sun and the wind in my hair.  I actually have my walkman plugged in one ear so I have some music to listen to.  I am one of those annoying people who have to have music on all the time.  I have been like this forever.  Could care less about TV but music is what keeps me moving and grooving.

The only down side to riding a Quad is sometimes you have very close encounters with large insects. I actually tried to duck a couple of them only to have them bounce off my forehead and cheek.  EEK!  But the breeze and coolness that comes with the speed, it is well worth the bugs!  Oh and did you know that butterflies can keep up with you even at 7 KM an hour?  But they don’t stay long –very short attention span!  ( much like someone I know and love – my sis)

I have a card that I made yesterday evening using the Up, Up and Away stamp set.  I loved the sentiment that states – “the sky is the limit”  I think it is appropriate for someone who is graduating high school.  My twin nieces just had their prom and I am making a couple of cards for them.
 
Here you go –


I used Whisper White Card stock for my base.  I love the clean look that comes with the white card stock.  I used Marina Mist and cut out a strip to place on the card.  I made a slightly smaller one using the same card stock and then added dimensionals to pop it up.  I made the clouds out of a piece of scrap white that I ran through the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder.  I punched it out with a scallop circle punch and then cut a straight line across.  I used Tombow  glue to place the clouds on the Marina Mist c/s.

I stamped three air balloons on scrap whisper white using Caylpso Coral, Island Indigo and Raspberry Ripple.  I cut them out and added them to the card using dimensionals.  I stamped the baskets in Early Espresso ink and cut them out and just glued them to the balloons.  I stamped “Celebrate today” using Midnight Muse ink.  The “Celebrate Today” is from the stamp set Perfectly Penned. 

Colleen is right about the new ink pads.  Once you have used them there is no going back.  I am now looking at the ones I own and wondering how long it will take me to replace them with the new sponge ones!  Sigh!

 “ The sky is the limit” was stamped on the inside and I stamped a couple of balloons also. 
I now have to make another one for the other twin.

 I can’t make them the same but I can make them similar!

That’s it for today!  I have to go brush my teeth! lol

Flying down the road on a Quad hugs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment