Sunday, January 6, 2013

January Thank you Cards, NOT

Good Day Stampers,

I am up in my craft room and working on my thank you cards for January.  Well I had an idea and a plan and then things went horribly awry. 

I even knew which stamp set I was going to use!  I had new rubbah called "For the Birds".  Well imagine my surprise when a simple idea for a simple card became complicated.  In fact so much work I decided to just make the silly thing a Birthday card. 

I need some new Birthday cards as I sent my Mom a LOT of cards for Christmas.  She always appreciates a variety of cards to give out.  And I am so happy to oblige!

Back to the aborted Thank you card,  have a look-


 
I used Primrose Petals as my card stock base and ran my designer paper through the Big Shot using Finishing Touch Edgelits.  I wasn't sure how much work would be involved in punching out the little holes created by this framelit but was pleasantly surprised to have them come out as I was taking it off the edgelit.  Yay for me!  I also used Delicate Doilies for the center frame. 

 
I used the 1 3/4" circle punch to cut out the center of my art piece.  Then I used the circle die for the BS and punched out another circle in Whisper White.  I stamped my image in Stazon Black and colored in with Blender Pens. 
 
 
I find myself using the Blender Pens more and more often when I want a softer look.  So this was my "simple" idea gone wrong!  It was a bit time consuming and since I have to make quite a few not a very good idea.  Oh Well back to the drawing board.
 
List of Products:
126841 Primrose Petals Card stock
100730 Whisper White card stock
126919 Floral District DSP
127010 Finishing touches Edgelits
126000 Delicate Doilies Sizzlits
114526 Circles /2 Original die
119850 Circle punch
126407 For The Birds clear stamp set
126557 From My Heart clear stamp set
101406 Stazon black ink
102845 Blender Pens
126962 Marina Mist classic Ink
105115 Pumpkin Pie Marker (for the beak)
126975 Crumb Cake ink
126978 Soft Suede ink
 
On a side note I was having problems with Blogger and uploading my pics but just for you I found a complicated way to upload my pic`s by going through a whole lot or rigmarole. 
 
So it seems like I have a theme going on this post - Simple made Complicated! 
 
Simply Complicated hugs!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment