Friday, January 11, 2013

Serene Silhouettes!

Hello Crafty ones!

It's Friday!  Yes it's that time of the week when you start looking forward to the weekend and time for yourself.  I say why not stamp yourself some cards.  Carve out an hour and challenge yourself to do at least two cards - be they birthday or sympathy or just Hey I'm thinking of you! 

I am here to provide some inspiration for you.  This week I have been featuring "Serene Silhouettes" and I have to tell you I love the images in this set.  They work so well in so many different ways.  Today's card is almost Monochromatic but I wound up using a small piece of Rose Red card stock.  I needed another Sympathy card (unfortunately) and I find one color is more peaceful and not as busy as multi colored cards. 

Have a look -

 
I also used French Foliage on this card, along with Loving Thoughts for the sentiment.  I started with a base color of Very Vanilla.  I added a layer and then sponged Soft Suede along the edges and I stamped the blotches with crumb cake and if you look closely in the lower left hand corner you will see the focal image stamped also in Crumb Cake. 
 
I used the Big shot to cut out the Focal image background, once again using Very Vanilla.  I punched around the card stock with my template and paper piercer.  I added a side interest by cutting out another Vanilla piece with the big shot.  I sponged this one very heavily with Soft Suede ink.  I glued it to the main cutout.  Before I stamped my main image I stamped all over the background with the words from French Foliage.  It is hard to see but it is there if you look closely.
 
 I then inked up the image with Versamark and Soft Suede ink and Poured Clear Embossing powder over it. I heat embossed it for a little shine.  I mounted this image to my card using Dimensionals. 
 
I used a small strip of Rose Red and sponged that also with the same ink to highlight it.  I added a small skirt of Very Vanilla that was cut out using a framelit and the Big Shot.
 
I used a small flower and a few pearls to finish off this card.  Elegant but definitely soft. 
 
  Blogger is still acting up and now we are being hit with power outages because of the huge storm hitting Newfoundland now.  Newfoundland Power is conserving power by asking us to limit our usage.  I am using the battery on my laptop to post this so I am conserving also.  No laundry and no radio and no TV today until they are back to normal.  So I guess it will be a day in the craft room as I don't need electricity to work at this craft right?
 
Here is a list of products I used on this project.
 
Products
 
101650 - Very Vanilla Card stock
102544 - Rose Red card stock
127324 - Serene Silhouettes
121166 - French Foliage
125845 - Loving Thoughts
113439 - Big Shot
127010 - Finishing Touches Edgelits
126187 - Essentials Paper Piercing Pack
126189 - Paper Piercing Tool
126978 - Soft Suede Classic Ink
126975 - Crumb Cake Classic Ink
119247 - Basic Pearls
104430 - Dimensionals
110755 - Tombow Glue
103383 - Embossing Buddy
1022843 - Versamark Ink
129053 - Heat Tool
109130 - Clear Embossing Powder.
127003 - Apothecary Accents Framelits
 
That's it for me today.  Enjoy your weekend and try to take it easy on the back when shovelling. 
 
Sympathetic hugs!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment