Thursday, January 10, 2013

Another Play date Card!

Hello there Inky People!

Today is cold and snowy here in Newfoundland but we are on the West Coast of the Island and won't be receiving the brunt of a major winter storm thank goodness!  This storm is supposed to dump 50 to 100 cm of snow on the East Coast, St. John's and surrounding area.  So batten down the hatches folks, it's going to be a stormy night.

Enough with the weather report, on to another card from my play date with my friend,Sharon. Once again we used Serene Silhouettes as our stamp set. 

I find using one stamp set challenges me.  I also like to see how different one project is from another.  So for this week I will be showcasing Serene Silhouettes.

Here is the card -

 
We started with a Rose Red card base and added a layer of Designer Paper called Floral District.  We used an Edgelit to get the scallop design on the top of the DSP called Adorning Accents.  We also used Apothecary Framelits to make our focal image.  The stamp was colored with Primrose Petals and Always Artichoke markers.  Added some Organza ribbon and a bow and a few pearls to the flowers and Voila we are done.  I didn't add a sentiment as I don't know what I will use this card for. 
 
I would do a photo tutorial but Blogger is still not letting me up load pic's so I am using another method and it takes waaaay longer.  So until this problem is solved by the techies I will stick to this format. 
 
Countdown to Sale a Bration continues  -  12 days.  I can't wait!  I always find myself excited about this time of the year and bless Stampin' Up! for giving me something to do after Christmas when I normally have the blahs.  lol. 
 
Classes will be starting up this month on January 27th at my home in Massey Drive.  We will be working with some of the amazing products from the Spring Mini.  Don't forget to contact me if you are interested in attending.  I will have some of my projects done soon and will post them when I  can.
 
Products Used!
 
102544 - Rose Red card stock
100730 - Whisper White card stock
105119 - Always Artichoke card stock
126919 - Floral District designer series paper
114319 - Organza Ribbon
119701 - Regals Collection Markers
119700 - Subtles Collection Markers
125595 - Adorning Accents Edgelits
113439 - Big Shot
125595 - Apothecary Accents Framelits
110755 - Tombow Glue
104430 - Stampin' Dimensionals
127324 - Serene Silhouettes
 
 Well that's it for me today!  Chat with you later!  Not so Stormy Hugs!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment