Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Last Christmas Cards!

Good Day Stampers!

I have been remiss in not sharing the rest of the Christmas Cards I received this year.  I wouldn't want these ladies to feel left out lol.  So first I will share the cards and then I will tell you about my play date last night!

Here you go -

 
This first card comes from Tracey.  She used the Snow Flurry embossing folder and lots of glitter for her card.  Thank you so much!
 
 
 
This card is from Sherri and she used Scentsational Season for her stamp set.  Very creative use of the 1 3/4" circle punch.  Thank you!
 
 
 
This card is from Christine, she used a discontinued set called Flower for all seasons.  Great combo of colors Christine!  Thanks
 
 
 
My last card comes from Donna and she used Lovely as a Tree for her stamp set.  Wow lots of coloring with markers here folks.  Love the little bit of shine also.  Good job Donna!
 
Well that's it for the Christmas card section of my post, now on to my play date.  My friend came last night and we got a chance to play with one of the new sets I got just before Christmas.  She was complaining that I didn't have the stamps mounted but I told her it was Virgin Rubber.
 
So we hauled out Serene Silhouettes and proceeded to make a couple of cards.  I needed two sympathy cards and she just wanted to play lol.
 
Here is one of the cards we made last night!
 
 
 
We used Whisper White for the Base of our card and Pacific Point for the mat behind the focal image.  We punched out a circle first with a post it note attached to card stock (the punches won't punch post it notes they are too light weight and need something heavier like card stock)  Once the circle was made using the 1 3/8" circle punch we attached the post it note to the card. 
 
We started sponging with the lightest color first which was Bashful Blue.  We sponged the whole piece of Whisper White Card stock and once that was done we moved on to the next color.  Marina Mist was sponged all over the card stock leaving a little area around the moon lighter.  This will create a halo effect.  The last color we used was Not Quite Navy and this was sponged more on the outside area of the card stock, once again staying away from our "moon". 
 
We peeled off the post it note and then inked up our bird and branch stamp with Stazon Black.  We stamped off the side on the left and a little over the moon to make it look 3 D. 
 
This I made into a Sympathy card using the stamp set  Loving Thoughts!   I think would make a great man card also. 
 
Well that's enough for today stampers.  I will be back tomorrow with another card.  Don't forget Sale a Bration starts in only 13 more Days. 
 
Over the moon hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment