Thursday, February 7, 2013

I'm Feeling a Little Owly!

Good Day Stampers!

I guess by now you are wondering what I am up to!  Well DD and Miss Emily will be home on Feb. 11th and I have been cleaning and getting the room ready for the arrival.

My daughter has owls for the motif in Emily's bedroom and while mine is alright I thought I would bump up the decor.  lol  So for the last couple of days in between cleaning sessions I have made several paper owls for the area around the crib (which we just bought for little Miss.)

So would you like a trip down fantasy lane?  Suspend Reality cause these owls are just a little quirky, just like me!

Here you go!

 
I took various dinner and luncheon and snack plates and used them to draw a circle.  Then I cut into the top of the circle to make the "ears".  I used the 1 1/4" circle punch and the 1' circle and a smaller punch to make the eyes.  I used various pieces of DSP for the added interest to the owls.  I free handed the tree and also the greenery.  I sponged  the greenery with Always Artichoke ink to make the edges stand out.  The wings and feet for the owls are the largest scallop circle punch!  I am going to add a few "bushes" and maybe some punched out animals.  Have to see how much time it takes lol.

 
Here is another owl.  Too cute!  I used the largest square punch to make the beak.  I cut the square in half and that made a triangle.  I bent the beak in half and it is now three D.  Love them.. So dang cute!

 
I got a little crazy and over the top for this large tree.  I sponged and added some flowers and butterflies.  There are a couple of little owls made with the Owl Builder punch.  I did the tree Free hand.  I sponged and added some dimension by cutting another layer of greenery and using dimensionals to make them pop.  I used the new smaller butterfly punch and the large butterfly punch for the butterflies.  Right now it looks so cute I smile every time I think of Carrie's reaction.  I know I'm nuts!  But as my dad used to say " It's a nice nuts".
 
Don't forget you can click on the pictures to see them up close!

 
Oh, almost forgot this one.  She is a darling and so much fun to make!
 
Now I do have a couple of cards for you today.  I finally settled on my Feb. thank you cards for those of you who placed an order with me, either on line or in a class.  I sometimes struggle with these because I want them to be simple (cause I have to make so many of them lol) yet a little different so you can get an idea of something for you to recreate.  So here are some of February's cards.  I have them done in all different colors.  So pretty!!

 
Just a couple for now!  Don't want to crowd everything!
 

 
I used the Brights package of Designer paper and the 2 1/2" circle punch, the curly label punch and I cut the T out free hand.  Gee I wish they would make a punch for this alphabet set!  I would probably use it more!  This card is done with Tempting Turquoise.

 
Melon Mambo!

 
Pumpkin Pie!
 
 
So that's my post for today,  Thanks for dropping by today! 
 
High flying hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Love the owls but especially that fantasy tree. :) I totally agree about having a punch for the Letter It set. It would make so much sense! I put the suggestion into the Sandbox, did you? I figure the more suggestions about this in the Sandbox, the more chance we have of it somedday happening. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you kind comment. I did put that suggestion in the Sandbox but so far no answer lol. I would also like to see a larger Tombow Glue to refill the smaller bottles.

      Delete