Sunday, April 7, 2013

Color Refresh!

Good Day Stampers!

I mentioned yesterday that SU has been keeping me busy with new products and offers for their customers.  Well today is no different, as along with the Free Shipping for April 6,7 and 8th they also announced a Color Refresh!

 
 

A couple of years ago, when Stampin' Up! did a whole shake down of their colors they mentioned that every couple of years they would review the colors again.  So this Color Refresh is not as drastic as the last time (thank Goodness!)

Have a look -

 
These are the new colors added to our lineup!  As you can see many are returning colors from earlier in-colors. 
 
 
Here is a chart to show where the new colors are situated and also shows some of the delisted colors.  Some of them may surprise you, for instance, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery.  But they have been replaced with Blushing Bride for the pinks, Pool Party for the blues and Pear Pizzazz for the greens.  I for one will miss some of these colors but am thrilled that Island Indigo and Pool Party are going to be part of our standard colors. 
 
Now for a new share for you -  I was inspired by the dress Emily wore at Easter.  Loved the colors and decided to see if I could create a card using these colors. 
 
 
 
 
Yes I am shameless in posting pic's of Miss Emily!  (lol)
This was my inspiration though, seriously!
 
 
 
 
I used Melon Mambo and Gumball Green for my colors and the Embossing folder Flower Garden.  I embossed the flowers on Water color paper and colored in with my Aqua Painter.  Spritzed with Melon Mambo marker and added a sentiment in Early Espresso.
 
I also sprayed this card with Shimmer Spray.  Added a few pearls (well a few more than that).  This card is slated to be given to one of my stampers.  Can't say which one yet because I want her to be surprised.  hahaha
 
So that's my share for today. 
 
I used my Melon hugs!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment