Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Still Inspired or Stuck in a Rut?

Good Day everyone!

How is everything in your neck of the woods?  It's lovely and sunny here and I am feeling a little better mentally.  Nice to know huh?

I have spent the last couple of days trying to play catch up on some business that I put on the back burner until Emily had gone home.  I finally got my taxes all done.  I am pleased and relieved to have that done I can tell you (especially since DH has been riding me since the end of March.)

I also got some time yesterday to start to dig out the room I call Craft!  Needless to say there is a lot to purge here also.  Most of this is busy work but it makes me feel a little better just to be putting one foot in front of the other. 

Anyhoo!  I have a new card for you.  Remember my last post?  Well I am still inspired by the colors in Miss Emily's Easter dress.  (I can just hear some of you say "Inspired?  I think not!")

So here is another card I made using Melon Mambo and Gumball Green!

I used a background stamp called Pleasant Poppies.  I inked it up with Melon Mambo and Gumball Green using the appropriate markers.  I then stamped it on Whisper White and used a Blender pen to get a softer color.  I also Cut out a few of the poppies and popped them up with Dimensionals.  I covered the flowers and the buds with Crystal effects.  The Crystal Effects actually blurred the ink and made a softer look on the flowers.  I also used the Lace Details tape from the Spring Mini.  I used it as a stencil, such fun!
 
So what do you think?  Am I still inspired or am I stuck in a rut?  Let's just call it an Inspired Rut shall we?
 
That's it for me today!  Back soon!
 
Inspired hugs!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment